FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Barrett Jackson time

My VIN:    3028

Barrett Jackson time

Looking at the car docket, there are two D's for sale, one auto the other stick. Any guesses? When they cross the block I don't know but I will predict they will cut to commercial.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

The 5 speed car will bring in about 16k I predict.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...n=71.1&aid=465

The automatic car is a REAL beauty! It should bring in some good money. Even has the NCT Radials. I remember it being for sale last year on Craigslist for 30k.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...?ln=95&aid=465

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    The 5 speed car will bring in about 16k I predict.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...n=71.1&aid=465

The automatic car is a REAL beauty! It should bring in some good money. Even has the NCT Radials. I remember it being for sale last year on Craigslist for 30k.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...?ln=95&aid=465

I was at the Scottsdale Barret-Jackson auction this past January and a car similar to the 5 speed now being offered went fo $40,000. I was surprised , maybe shocked is a better word. The free drinks in the bidder's circle must have been really good that day.

Bruce Benson

Nice D's! VIN 3225 (Auto) in particular should bring in big bucks. Very low miles, obviously runs (required by Barrett-Jackson), dealer stripes, and it's in immaculate condition. Almost seems too early for a gray interior and silver wheels, but it's "original and unrestored", so probably not.

On the page for the 5-speed is this quote:
    Its 6 cylinder engine with 5-speed transmission provide power and maneuverability, particularly around corners.
    "Particularly around corners"? I thought that was the suspension's job.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    Nice D's! VIN 3225 (Auto).....Almost seems too early for a gray interior and silver wheels, but it's "original and unrestored", so probably not.
    The gray interiors kicked in around VIN 2970, a bit before VIN 3225 so a close thing there as you say. By then the gray wheels were long since used up in favor of the silver wheels. Agreeing that the color combo is normal for that VIN.

The photos show a near-original configuration inside and out, one exception being the rear bumper letters.

Not sure if there is slight eyebrow effect over the right headlight. And a door switch wire is dangling below the dash - no big deal. All in all a very solid-looking specimen in the pics.

About damn time, they finally took time away from the auction to focus on the DeLorean! Those of you that missed it, DVR it for the encore showing at midnight (eastern time! Different time zones will air at different times obviously); it''ll show up about 15-20 minutes in (if you're in eastern, tune in at 12:10 PM and watch for ten minutes). I have it recorded in full HD, but unfortunately it's recording all five hours and I don't have an HDMI recording tool. However, I will try to source one if no one else posts the recording first. I'll also try to set it up so it records the midnight showing for just those ten minutes.

EDIT: It aired on the block! 7:45 PM to 7:50 PM Eastern. It's the one here by the way. Sold for $17,500!
    Last edited by Shep; 09-20-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Figures, some DeLoreans on BJ have brought 40-50k, but the one they actually air brings 17....just great.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Looked pretty good on camera. I am shocked they spent some time to talk about it and say positive things about its collectibility. Usually they shun DeLoreans, but perhaps things are starting to change. They also talked about the Buick Grand National as a car that is collectible for the 80s, another one of my favorites. I used to own one of those and will again one day.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

What a cool surprise. I was getting ready to go to bed and I said I will watch one more auction and it was another D! Nice example looked like original NCT's with 3xxx miles sold for 22k. The hosts did talk about how they are going up but 22k for that seems a bit low.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

$22000 for lot 95. I still think that is a small amount of money for such a car. DeLoreans, in my opinion, should be valued in mid-$30k range. One like that should be $50k. Oh well, what do I know... I'm actually very surprised they didn't cut to commercial when the D came on the block like they usually do, though. Maybe my crude email I sent last time had something to do with it - I really gave them hell!
    Last edited by pezzonovante88; 09-20-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast