FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How often to start my Delorean?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by delorean91 View Post
    I think they make battery tenders that plug in to your cigarette lighter. It uses the battery to keep the battery charged. I could swear I have seen them on amazon.
    I don't think so! There are emergency jump/boost packs that might charge off it, but not a battery tender.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

I think they make battery tenders that plug in to your cigarette lighter. It uses the battery to keep the battery charged.
    ??? And what about loss of energy due to the battery tender in the cigarette lighter???

You will end up with a battery that's drained.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

Banned

He's probably thinking of solar battery chargers/tenders/maintainers, which can plug into the cigarette lighter or connect directly to the battery with alligator clips (most come with both). Solar chargers do indeed work as intended -- I left an out of service vehicle on a solar charger (connected directly to the battery) for 11 months and it still started the car on the first key turn. Diodes prevent battery drain while the sun is down. My recommendation is to stay away from the 1-3 watt models and go for 5-7 watts.

My VIN:    3937

I think they make battery tenders that plug in to your cigarette lighter. It uses the battery to keep the battery charged. I could swear I have seen them on amazon.
    Yes, they can be found on Amazon. They keep them in their own category right between the Perpetual Motion and Rube Goldberg machines.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Yes Cig plug tenders exist.

they do make batter tenders that plug into the cig plug and Del Tran also makes adaptors so that their tenders will plug into the cig plug. I have several. Porsche also makes some as the batteries are hard to get to. They work fine especially for a tender.

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Yes, they can be found on Amazon. They keep them in their own category right between the Perpetual Motion and Rube Goldberg machines.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

This year, I'm not going to start engine until spring I think. I've pretty well emptied the tank on my car and added a bit of stabilizer for what's left. I'll take the battery out at some point and put it on a tender at home. Hopefully the car doesn't go stale.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3