FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Restoration of VIN 4363

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Sigh, looking back now, you can just smile about that day and say it was 'fun'...

Oh, don't forget to email me the vids

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDJ View Post
    Good for you man... I've been thinking the same thing lately... guess you just beat me to it. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Big E! How you doing?!? Man, if you return to D- land too, FL will be jumping with owners again!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    Formerly 10084

Club(s):   (DCF)

Looking forward to getting the fuel system back in and seeing if we can get it up and running before pulling everything apart again!
    -Derek

http://www.deloreanreborn.com
    http://www.deloreanclubfl.com - Florida's home for DeLorean owners and enthusiasts!

Tesla Model S 2013 P85+ | Grey Metallic | Black Performance Interior | Pano | Carbon Fiber Decor | Dual Chargers | Tech Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Rear Facing Seats --- Added: CF Spoiler | Front Camera Kit | Yacht Floor

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

This appears to be some sort of custom fan control relay. The larger controller appears to be a temp sensor, since there is a lead running into the coolant pipe from it.
    That looks similar to the new fan control switch Toby and Misty sell trough DPNW. I bought one earlier this season after going through 3 otterstats in 3 years (I blame the wildly varying temperatures in this climate) It's not the same unit (or was modified from original) with a lead that long.....stock is maybe a bit longer than a foot. Of course, their unit is meant to be mounted in the engine compartment...

Is there a control knob on the side we can't see? On the DPNW part you can adjust what temperature you want the fans to come on.

My VIN:    03572

With that wiring mess, I would consider buying a new harness from DMCH. You will never know how many things the PO did.

I was lucky on my drive home when I bought my car but the PO had been driving it once a month. But I knew nothing about the car on that 250 mile drive home.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Quote Originally Posted by DMage View Post
    Looking forward to getting the fuel system back in and seeing if we can get it up and running before pulling everything apart again!
    At this rate, the fuel system won't be going back in any time soon. I need a new cover plate for the tank first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory W View Post
    Is there a control knob on the side we can't see? On the DPNW part you can adjust what temperature you want the fans to come on.
    Yeah, there's an adjustment knob on the other side. From the looks of the engine bay, the PO tried to rig up an alternative solution to fan control before settling on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    With that wiring mess, I would consider buying a new harness from DMCH. You will never know how many things the PO did.
    That's exactly what I am going to do. It's not worth the many hours it will take me to trace down every circuit and fix whatever was done. The main harness alone is $600, so I will be doing that part slowly.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    spectacular oil pressure too!
    Check out the vid I posted for an even more spectacular view of the oil pressure gauge!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDJ View Post
    Good for you man... I've been thinking the same thing lately... guess you just beat me to it. Let me know if you need any help with anything.
    Oh, this is going to be a work in progress for a long time. I'm getting ready to pull the motor and tranny now. If you get a hankering for some DMC action, come on over!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

Morpheus, that is great! I'm still struggling with 10715, but I love her. (In a car-like way.) I LOL'ed at the gratuitous ass shot haha, that was great Happy for ya!

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    If you get a hankering for some DMC action, come on over!
    man, if i lived closer i would be elbows-deep already! im itching to get to second base with a DeLorean!

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

...ok, ill admit it; i havent even been to first base with a D yet.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast