FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad vs. DPI Discussions ***Split from other threads***

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Chad vs. DPI Discussions ***Split from other threads***

I know of one vendor who I hope to see go under due to their shady business practices; PM me if you're interested in the details.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I know of one vendor who I hope to see go under due to their shady business practices; PM me if you're interested in the details.
    Hmm. Would this be a "vendor" in Dallas who does BTTF conversions?

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Hmm. Would this be a "vendor" in Dallas who does BTTF conversions?
    I don't consider him a vendor; that guy's a butcher and a liar.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Steve Rice gets a lot of his parts at AutoZone. But he will admit, that it sure is nice to be able to call up a vendor for Delorean specific parts such as angle drives and dust caps.

I'm planning to install a new lower steering column in my car, maybe even this weekend. I didn't get it from a Delorean vendor. I believe in learning to survive on my own because frankly, one day there may not be any vendors around at all.

Edit: I'm in no way attacking Josh. I met him a few weeks ago and think he is a really cool guy. Honestly, a lot of my do it yourself survival is simply because I can't afford to pay someone else to do the work. If I had the money, my car would probably be in Josh's shop for a frame off restoration.
    I know a lot of things are available. My assessment was based off of what will happen when the NOS door eventually slams shut. A lot more will become difficult.

@ Chad-
    I was way to easy on you when you strung us along for over a year. Signing off on work you had no way of affording or paying for from the beginning ends with a lien being filed. That is how the world works buddy. I took your word and got burnt pretty well on it. I'm glad DMCMW welcomed you back with open arms after everything you had to say regarding Dmc and their affiliates. You are welcome for me not exercising my right to collect against you legally. I was sick and tired of being strung along watching you buy other cars constantly but not being able to put a cent towards your past due invoice. You should think twice about abandoning your cars somewhere for a year after giving written and verbal authorization for work to be performed. I stand corrected and should not have been a nice guy about it. Instead I should have taken both cars for the trouble you caused. I"m pretty sure that anyone would be upset with someone saying "yeah I will pay you in two weeks" for over a year. If you have something to say and you are going to run your mouth why don't you do it publicly.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I know a lot of things are available. My assessment was based off of what will happen when the NOS door eventually slams shut. A lot more will become difficult.

@ Chad-
    I was way to easy on you when you strung us along for over a year. Signing off on work you had no way of affording or paying for from the beginning ends with a lien being filed. That is how the world works buddy. I took your word and got burnt pretty well on it. I'm glad DMCMW welcomed you back with open arms after everything you had to say regarding Dmc and their affiliates. You are welcome for me not exercising my right to collect against you legally. I was sick and tired of being strung along watching you buy other cars constantly but not being able to put a cent towards your past due invoice. You should think twice about abandoning your cars somewhere for a year after giving written and verbal authorization for work to be performed. I stand corrected and should not have been a nice guy about it. Instead I should have taken both cars for the trouble you caused. I"m pretty sure that anyone would be upset with someone saying "yeah I will pay you in two weeks" for over a year. If you have something to say and you are going to run your mouth why don't you do it publicly.
    Very well, then, I'll tell things as they occurred:

When I bought a car from him while deployed overseas, he agreed to store the car for the duration of the work. I'd paid him a few thousand up front for work and several more over the time he had my car. I was going to have him swap the engine from my Stage II car into the one I bought from him, so I drove the car to his shop for the winter. In summer, not only had he not performed any work, but he decides that if I don't instantly pay him $12,000.00 that he's going to file for a mechanic's lean against both of my cars for retroactive storage on the car I bought from him; a car I bought under the condition that he'd store it for the duration of the work that I would be paying him to perform. He informed me that he had pulled the engine on 1601, in preparation, and that both cars were immobile. Dave at DMCMW later confirmed that he was lying and, in fact, never so much as touched my car while it was there. Had I known this at the time, it would have been a different argument. I had to contact several lawyers and it came to the point where, to fight for 1265, I would have had to pay as much in legal fees as I had in the car. Ultimately, I had to settle for cutting my ties with him, getting my Stage II car back, and losing 1265 in order to avoid court fees and have him re-install the engine in 1601; something he lied about. I was not prepared to spend $12,000.00 up-front for work that hadn't been performed and, as a result, retroactive storage fees that he decided to leverage on me. I had, previously, spent over $4,000.00 on work on the car in the time that he had it; but, apparently, that wasn't enough.

I'd advise EVERYONE against doing business with DPI.

DO NOT Do Business With DPI!

When I bought a car from him while deployed overseas, he agreed to store the car for the duration of the work. I'd paid him a few thousand up front for work and several more over the time he had my car. I was going to have him swap the engine from my Stage II car into the one I bought from him, so I drove the car to his shop for the winter. In summer, not only had he not performed any work, but he decides that if I don't instantly pay him $12,000.00 that he's going to file for a mechanic's lean against both of my cars for retroactive storage on the car I bought from him; a car I bought under the condition that he'd store it for the duration of the work that I would be paying him to perform. He informed me that he had pulled the engine on 1601, in preparation, and that both cars were immobile. Dave at DMCMW later confirmed that he was lying and, in fact, never so much as touched my car while it was there. Had I known this at the time, it would have been a different argument. I had to contact several lawyers and it came to the point where, to fight for 1265, I would have had to pay as much in legal fees as I had in the car. Ultimately, I had to settle for cutting my ties with him, getting my Stage II car back, and losing 1265 in order to avoid court fees and have him re-install the engine in 1601; something he lied about. I was not prepared to spend $12,000.00 up-front for work that hadn't been performed and, as a result, retroactive storage fees that he decided to leverage on me. I had, previously, spent over $4,000.00 on work on the car in the time that he had it; but, apparently, that wasn't enough.

Thank's for the warning.

I guess we have to wait for his side of the story, a lot of people are very pleased with his way of doing business.

Hope you have every piece of communication in writing.

I wouldn't get Dave involved on this.

LEVY

I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

Sh!t... Ahhhh
    1-800-273-8255

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Very well, then, I'll tell things as they occurred:

Incorrect Chad: You purchased the car while deployed in Feb of 2011. You signed off on what you wanted done to the car in late June paying a total of 2k towards the bill with payments stopping in August all of a sudden.

1st- there is NEVER a charge for storing a car being worked on as long as payments are being made per the agreed terms. When enough was enough I threatened you with storage fees to put things into perspective for you.

2nd-Per your request when you drove the five speed car out we rushed the auto frame back together so that you would have a car for DCS.

3rd- Your block rotted engine was removed from your car and I ate the cost of working on that POS including sealing a converter gasket that fell apart when coming apart and coolant. I also re-threaded a stripped out axle flange bolt. By all means explain to me how we never dealt with that nightmare.

4th- you then dodged me for almost six weeks and when I finally was showing visible concern you had a back to the future prop fire sale. I knew I was in trouble then.

5th- Then you told me you were trying to defraud the United States government for disability from breathing sand to pay the bill. My response to you was WTF.

6th -followed by "my parents house is guaranteed to sell by such and such a date" which changed about 100 times over six months.

7th -I tried to get a straight answer from you regarding what you wanted to do and finally said enough was enough. I was sitting here with a custom ordered chassis and twin turbo motor you just had to have while watching you buy ridiculous Nazis war relics and Cadillacs.

Parts cost money, our time costs money. I tried to do you a favor and went above and beyond to build you a unique automatic car to your specs. In the end I was left upside down with a bunch of wasted time and energy chasing you down. All I asked from you was to compensate us for what we had built you. I finally said screw it and instead of going after you for it settled for the title you never even took out of DPI's name in 15 months of ownership and giving you the other car back. I was way to kind to you Chad and wished the the best. I'm sorry but you were the one that played us.

I'm done being nice about this. I'm not sure what sob story you fed Dave and Julee but it could hardly be accurate. I bent over backwards for you including taking care of a number of issues that were unknown with the car. Face it you bit off way more than you could chew and looked for a way out. I was a sucker for being a nice guy to you. I haven't talked to Dave or Julee since May 1st of 2011. Maybe I should send over the zip file of all of our conversations start to finish, the finished frame done and ready etc so they can see what kind of person they are dealing with.

O and on another note: A good way to get attention is not pretending your front grille was stolen off your car and having other owners take pity on you. When you showed up here with an extra grill I about flipped because I know Haney bought you one to be nice.

and my final thing to address: I'm done with you and your slanderous remarks regarding my company. Keep it up Chad and see where it gets you. I bend over backwards for my customer base and that is probably why I'm backlogged for years to come. I will post financial statements showing the 6500.00 total you paid towards the massive restoration invoice for the two cars. (that includes purchasing the auto car btw) and the ridiculous excuses you gave me after months of being in the dark as you said "the next payment is in the mail". Of course we stopped working on it! Just not soon enough! You stopped paying!
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 11-02-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Incorrect Chad: You purchased the car while deployed in Feb of 2011. You signed off on what you wanted done to the car in late June paying a total of 2k towards the bill with payments stopping in August all of a sudden.
    Payments didn't stop suddenly, I made gradual payments until 2012.

1st- there is NEVER a charge for storing a car being worked on as long as payments are being made per the agreed terms. When enough was enough I threatened you with storage fees to put things into perspective for you.
    You accepted a payment from me in 2012, so apparently, terms were still being met then.

2nd-Per your request when you drove the five speed car out we rushed the auto frame back together so that you would have a car for DCS.
    And then you told me that would not happen; which it didn't.

3rd- Your block rotted engine was removed from your car and I ate the cost of working on that POS including sealing a converter gasket that fell apart when coming apart and coolant. I also re-threaded a stripped out axle flange bolt. By all means explain to me how we never dealt with that nightmare.
    I've had several experts examine my engine and they have all found no trace of it being pulled within the last 5 years.

4th- you then dodged me for almost six weeks and when I finally was showing visible concern you had a back to the future prop fire sale. I knew I was in trouble then.
    I kept in fairly constant communication. The longest I went without answering you was the week I was on vacation.

5th- Then you told me you were trying to defraud the United States government for disability from breathing sand to pay the bill. My response to you was WTF.
    This is just disrespectful and slanderous. The VA classified me as 33% disabled; ran a panel of tests, and had my injuries confirmed by an outside agency. To accuse me of faking the disability that got me medically discharged from the Armed Forces is a new low on your part.

6th -followed by "my parents house is guaranteed to sell by such and such a date" which changed about 100 times over six months.
    My money was tied up in a divorce settlement; I made the mistake of lending money to family, though you were willing to work with me at first until things suddenly changed.

7th -I tried to get a straight answer from you regarding what you wanted to do and finally said enough was enough. I was sitting here with a custom ordered chassis and twin turbo motor you just had to have while watching you buy ridiculous Nazis war relics and Cadillacs.
    I did buy several cars throughout the time; I work in USED CAR SALES! What am I supposed to do in the used car business, not buy cars?

Parts cost money, our time costs money. I tried to do you a favor and went above and beyond to build you a unique automatic car to your specs. In the end I was left upside down with a bunch of wasted time and energy chasing you down. All I asked from you was to compensate us for what we had built you. I finally said screw it and instead of going after you for it settled for the title you never even took out of DPI's name in 15 months of ownership and giving you the other car back. I was way to kind to you Chad and wished the the best. I'm sorry but you were the one that played us.
    If I played you, then why do you have the car, the money I paid for repairs, and the money I paid for the car. You got over $8,000.00 out of me AND the car.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast