Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad vs. DPI Discussions ***Split from other threads***

My VIN:    1225

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I like French Toast.
    I like french toast too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Holy moly!! I didn't start all of that chaos, did I? That definitely was not my intention.
    No, this is just Chad being Chad. This seems to be a recent trend with him -- things that were done, over with, dead, forgotten, and everyone had moved on from are mentioned in passing, and suddenly he sees it as an opportunity to be a troll and act like an immature idiot for shiggles, refusing to back down until everyone again moves on, regardless of how illogical and mentally incompetent his reasoning is. If you look through his recent posts, you'll find plenty of examples of this kind of behavior dating back for months. He is acting now very much the same way that I gather Bill used to act, finding arguments where there really were none, and playing the victim whenever he gets a chance. Take that comparison at face value, however, since I have only heard about Bill's actions and have never actually come across them. If I hadn't heard Chad had been in the military and owned a multitude of cars, I would honestly think he's twelve years old and having hormonal issues. The former certainly is not true, but maybe the latter is. I don't know what kind of medical history Chad has, nor do I really care, but there is at the very least some mental age regression going on here in terms of hormonal outbursts such as this. Just my two cents.

Something tells me Chad is going to take the time to respond to this post. Quite frankly, if he does, I'm not even going to bother responding to him. If you look through his posts yourself, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about, and the huge quarrels he's started, this very much included. They speak for themselves, and destroy what little credibility he may have had in this childish bickering he's started.

My VIN:    SCEDT26TXBD001292 SCEDT26T6DD020098

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

My $.02...

I formally met Josh when I dropped off VIN 001292 at his shop on our move out to Arizona. Since then, I have gotten to know Josh pretty well and he has become a good friend. Our friendship, though cultivated by the DeLorean, is not the only reason I like the guy. In all my dealings with him and his company, he has always acted professional and has treated me right. Never once have I felt that Josh was anything but honest and upfront, not to mention a pretty shrewd businessman. Our relationship, as it pertains to my vehicles maintenance and as it pertains to our friendship, is one of mutual respect. This is something we both earned from each other. Josh runs an extremely successful business, and it is not by accident.

Josh and I talk on the phone quite frequently; as my friend, I trust him explicitly and as a businessman, unconditionally. In one of our conversations, he mentioned to me how he was torn on how to handle a situation that was heading "south". I listened to what he told me and I offered my perspective. He remained positive on trying to find a reasonable solution to what seemed like a loosing proposition. I was amazed at how articulate he was in explaining the situation, as he never offered up anything that would compromise the integrity of this "customer." Though I was curious, I never asked. However, it has now come to my attention that this was the situation and the customer that he was having problems with. This thread parallels that conversation and it all makes sense...

"Dracula" can write what he wants, however, I don't buy it. And, to be quite honest, I don't believe many people will buy what "Dracula" is trying to sell. I would put my faith and trust in DPI and Josh Bengston before I would trust that used car salesman*. Furthermore, I believe that the reputation of DPI and Josh Bengston is unquestionable and find it insulting and appalling that "Dracula" does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I did buy several cars throughout the time; I work in USED CAR SALES! What am I supposed to do in the used car business, not buy cars?
    * A reference

I didn't make as frequent payments as I hoped, yes, because I had a business slump.
    No excuse for not meeting your obligations.

I had kept in contact with you and the longest that I was out-of-touch was the week when I went on vacation.
    See above; obligations weren't met, business is in a slump...but, let's pack up and go on a vacation(?) Who does that?

I have no respect for those that can't find a way to pay or hide from their debts. I understand hardships; I am not immune to them. However, when one incurs a debt and then incurs a hardship, but goes on vacation and then tries to avoid the person he owes money to, I question their priorities. I've dealt with people like this and there is always some reason why things got so out of hand, why they wouldn't pay the debt, why they couldn't call, why they couldn't stick to a payment plan, etc. Typically, this person then tries to turn the situation around; becoming unreasonable and ornery, all while realizing that they f**ked up, but they keep up a wall because they can't take ownership for their actions.

Respectfully,
    - Joshua Schwartz
    - Josh

SCEDT26TXBD001292: Black 5 spd - Holley EFI 3.0L PRV - Custom TwinTurbo by DeLorean Industries
    SCEDT26T6DD020098: Grey 5 spd - K-Jet CIS 2.85L PRV

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by 20098 View Post

"Dracula" can write what he wants, however, I don't buy it. And, to be quite honest, I don't believe many people will buy what "Dracula" is trying to sell. I would put my faith and trust in DPI and Josh Bengston before I would trust that used car salesman*. Furthermore, I believe that the reputation of DPI and Josh Bengston is unquestionable and find it insulting and appalling that "Dracula" does.
    Don't worry, I think 99.9% of the community agrees with this statement. No one believes him/trust him/takes him seriously. If you do, you should take your Delorean, list it on ebay (for $40k if it's worth $20k) and leave the community for good.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

(I'm a little surprised that the recording of the call with the lawyer has not been posted here... )

So Steve, how was the date? Does she like French Toast? I've been jonesing for a trip to Superior Grill this week - Take her there next time.

T

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    (I'm a little surprised that the recording of the call with the lawyer has not been posted here... )

So Steve, how was the date? Does she like French Toast? I've been jonesing for a trip to Superior Grill this week - Take her there next time.

T
    What and where is superior grill?

The night was awesome and to top it off she mentioned a small problem with her car. The last few minutes of our date were great too because we got to work on a car together.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Thank you Mike and sorry this has spread to your forum.
    No problem, Josh.

I've read through everything from start to finish, what Chad had to say, and Josh's answers.

The tough thing about having a small community like this is, when there are disputes about those who provide business, it is bound to eventually go public, as in this case. With that being said, I am going to weigh in with my opinion. I have no long standing relationship with either of you, having known Chad only from the forum, and knowing Josh also from the forum and the one time meeting him face to face last month at the tech day.

From the information posted here, I am sorry, but I have to give my vote to Josh at DPI, and here is why:

Chad, you OPENLY admitted you did NOT make a SCHEDULED payment after August, 2011.

Even though you DID make a one time payment on balance due in March of 2012 in the amount of "roughly $1,000.00", your 6 months of no-payments/promise to pay (or whatever reasons you told Josh) do not constitute scheduled payments on your account.

DPI has stated they, as a business, notified you of delinquent payments on your behalf, to which you admitted having hard times... in which DPI agreed to work with you, until it became obvious you were not paying on the account. Agreed upon as stated here:

Josh:
    1st- there is NEVER a charge for storing a car being worked on as long as payments are being made per the agreed terms. When enough was enough I threatened you with storage fees to put things into perspective for you.
    This means you are notified of a balance due on account due to NON-PAYMENT, plain and simple.

By not paying as promised in your original agreement, nor paying the debt "AS PROMISED" in your emails to Josh, you are in default of the original agreement. Asking ANY mechanic, or ANY business to hold off payments for months at a time and expecting them to re-honor the original contract after being notified of an attempt to collect a debt is beyond ridiculous.
    DPI's acceptance of a payment 6 months later is not a guarantee of meeting the terms of the contract, but can be seen as a payment on the UNPAID BALANCE DUE on the account, especially after notification.

You wanted to know how does $26k sound fair on work that's not been done, how is it fair for the BUSINESS to store your vehicles for that time while the agreement you had made to not be fulfilled? IMHO, while to the naked eye it seems to be a huge fine, storing 2 cars at $50.00 per day is cheaper than most tow lots. Most garages will charge you $80 bucks per day.

Out of curiosity, IF the March 2012 one time payment was to be construed as a payment on account under your (Chad's) assumption of payments still being made, what happened to April, 2012 through October 2012's scheduled payments, if you were still making payments as you claim? That's an additional 7 months at this point of no payments, proving March's payment was a ONE TIME payment on balance due... not an attempt to continue a payment schedule.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

This just happened:

-Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

Anyone else find it funny that Chad had a BTTF fire sale?

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by yellowmxwheels23 View Post
    Anyone else find Chad funny?
    There, I fixed it.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast