FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Fantasy 1984 RHD Twin-Turbo DeLorean

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Long time since the last update on this. I was working on the car last summer but had to stop in the autumn due to work committments. Then in December our son was born very premature (26 weeks 0 days) and there were a few months of going to the hospital constantly. Recently I have been focusing on building a new garage for all my projects; need to clear space in the house by turning the existing garage into a home office, which means all the car and computer stuff needs a new home. Also spent a fair bit of time working on my VehiCROSS. In the mean time I have been running the engine once a month and I hope to get back to working on the DeLorean once the new garage is built.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I hope your son is going fine now, that's the most important.
    You have an amazing project now!!

My VIN:    10788

Progress?

I just enjoyed reading through this whole thread - great job!

Is there any update at this point?

My VIN:    4675, 4190, 3114 and others

Club(s):   (DMA) (DMWC) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Yes, a 1984 Delorean!

Starglider,

This is a Great Idea. This is something that JZD and myself talked about back in 1989. We actually had a list of additions to the car for the next 5 model years. In addition to the Turbo set up, there was going to be a Bose stereo system in the late 1980s, better handling with a front and rear sway bars, a Rover V8, the ZF 4 Tiptronics transmission, full size power windows, and different color interiors.
    This discussion was part of the reason JZD came see my car in Cleveland in 2000, because it had so many of these upgrades and they fit the car with minimal changes to the chassis and frame.

I am now working on a similar "new" Delorean Project, that is named the "Iron Man" Delorean. This list of upgrades is similar to yours. The list of upgrades has already been posted on this forum.

We showed pictures of this "New Delorean" at Delorean Weekend this year. A video of this presentation is currently in editing and will be up on youtube soon.

Glad to hear that others are trying to "continue the dream."

Bob

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18