FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy 1984 RHD Twin-Turbo DeLorean

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    This came up in an earlier conversation with Chris, I expressed a preference for the later pattern, but Chris said that the existing dual-servo cars have had reliability problems and that's why he uses the single-servo pattern.
    I am prepared to sacrifice time, money and sometimes functionality for authenticity, but not braking system reliability!

It turned out this person was thinking of VIN 12199, but the fuel flap hood on that car was atypical (and I believe recently replaced with a flat one).
    Due to being new to the DeLorean community I have a bad habit of assuming anyone who has been around longer than me knows what they are talking about.
    I believe VIN...510 has a fuel flap hood and it was the first (or one of the first) Wooler-Hodec conversions that was completed.

Since this car is not a typical Wooler-Hodec example, it may not fit within some of the other Pase 1 and Phase 2 distinctions.

My VIN:    12173

Club(s):  

Hi Rich,

VIN #510 originally had a flat hood too. During Chris Parnham's ownership of VIN #510, the following modifications were carried out:

• Hood converted to pleated gas flap hood by PJ Grady UK
    • Rear licence plate bezel fitted
    • Silver paint applied around DeLorean lettering on rear fascia
    • Original front turn signal indicators swapped for units with additional UK sidelight
    • Fender antenna removed
    • Original forward facing door marker lights swapped out for clear units
    • Black DeLorean text added to hood where hood emblem is normally located

Cheers,

Phil
    Phil Peters
    VIN #12173

My VIN:    16619

* Waterless engine coolant : saw some people on here getting good results with the Evans stuff?
    * Car PC - I will make a decent car PC eventually but currently I have no budget left for it.
    Also have run coax for backup camera, might add one eventually.

Suggestions welcome!
    Hello. Sounds like fun. By a Car PC, I assume you mean a personal computer? What function/purpose would that have? (For entertainment, Convenience, etc.)

Also, for the waterless engine coolant. That sounds very interesting. Site claims improved efficiency. Have you thought about switching to electric water pump as well?

What about improvement of other electronics?

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by Exolis View Post
    Hello. Sounds like fun. By a Car PC, I assume you mean a personal computer? What function/purpose would that have? (For entertainment, Convenience, etc.)
    Entertainment, GPS / mapping, doing work or playing games on when car is parked (e.g. when my wife is doing her SCUBA things), driving any USB-controlled BTTF props I make.

Also, for the waterless engine coolant. That sounds very interesting. Site claims improved efficiency.
    There was a thread on here about it a few months back.

Have you thought about switching to electric water pump as well?
    Not really, the engine will likely be near the safe limit of the transmission, I am not that keen on squeezing a few more HP out.

What about improvement of other electronics?
    The engine is getting a fairly modern ECU (which eliminates the RPM relay), and I'm trying to get hold of Dave's PWM courtesy light dimmer and fan/fan fail relay replacements. I am putting in 8 x ultrasonic parking sensors, backup camera, heated seats, audio upgrades, 4 x external speakers, assorted auxiluary lighting (e.g. grill logo light, EL wire on rear text), 3rd brake light, flashing front markers (to work as indicators), all-LED lighting, bluetooth hands-free and the UK-style split front sidelight/indicators. Maybe also a digital boost gauge. Any other ideas?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

* Rear intercooler air scoops based on the ITAL Design concept for production turbo DeLorean
    * PJ Grady fibreglass front + rear fascias (gloss finnish); rear to have 'twin turbo' moulded into it.
    * DMC logo steering wheel center patch
    * Illuminated shifter plate + stainless shifter knob
    Was not aware any of this existed. Do you have any pictures or links to products ?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Was not aware any of this existed. Do you have any pictures or links to products ?
    Sure, here's a page about the Ital style scoops, here's Welmoed's steering wheel logo and there's a thread on this forum about the illuminated shifter plate. I don't think Chris has put anything online about his fibreglass fascias yet, but he's made a pair for another owner already so they're probably available if you ask. The 'twin turbo' moulding on the right side will be unique to this car; it's just a case of carving an extra piece to go in the fibreglass mould.

P.S. Went with the Eclipse 8" sub + bridged amp as recommended in the sub thread on here, wanted to put that in before Chris makes up the cubbyhole cover as it would be a waste to have to recover it.
    Last edited by Starglider; 11-10-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Club(s):  

An update on this, bit the bullet and ordered the one piece input shaft & upgrade gearset from GTO Engineering, gear ratios (including final drive) will now be the same as the Lotus Esprit V8 with close-gearing retrofit kit. Full transmission rebuild scheduled for January; will also be installing the Quaife ATB limited-slip diff.

An update on this, bit the bullet and ordered the one piece input shaft & upgrade gearset from GTO Engineering, gear ratios (including final drive) will now be the same as the Lotus Esprit V8 with close-gearing retrofit kit. Full transmission rebuild scheduled for January; will also be installing the Quaife ATB limited-slip diff.
    Great, keep this thread up.

Comments:

Regarding a electric water pump, I don't believe it would help much, it helps on 1/4 mile cars because those cars don't need an alternator, using an electric water pump will keep the alternator running.

Talking about hoods, I believe that should DMC had continue in bussiness, they would have to go back to the grooved hood if they wanted to sell.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

Club(s):  

Here's a question while I have your attention; several people have suggested a rear sway bar. The only current supplier I know of for this is Martin G in the UK; I heard DPNW and possibly Josh were thinking of making one but haven't got it on the market yet. I'm holding fire on this decision until I've had more experience of driving DMC-12s (i.e next Jan), any opinion here on whether it's a good idea? Martin G went as far as saying it was investigated by Lotus and would very likely have been standard fit on later model years (had the factory survived).

Also considering an integrated rear spoiler similar to the one seen on the original turbo DMC-12 concept art, since Chris N is now fabricating custom fibreglass fascias, haven't checked technical and financial feasibility yet.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I have a question regarding the VIN that perhaps you or Phil can answer. The last VIN I show in the 12XXX series is VIN 12199. You have VIN 12306? Any idea how it got that number and if there were any other cars between VIN 12119 and 12306?
    Shannon
    Shannon

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast