FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Extra screws on fuel distributor?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There are a LOT of differences that can make one # of mixture unit different from another. Unless you have a cross reference to understand what those differences are the motor may not run right. The shape of the plunger, the shape of the orifices, the pressures it is set to, etc. Best if you use the unit the system in the Delorean was intended to use. Many of the operating parameters are not adjustable in the Bosch unit. John H at SpecialT knows all of the different units and what they will work on, not just Delorean specific.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There are a LOT of differences that can make one # of mixture unit different from another. Unless you have a cross reference to understand what those differences are the motor may not run right. The shape of the plunger, the shape of the orifices, the pressures it is set to, etc. Best if you use the unit the system in the Delorean was intended to use. Many of the operating parameters are not adjustable in the Bosch unit. John H at SpecialT knows all of the different units and what they will work on, not just Delorean specific.
    David Teitelbaum
    When I had a PRV I drove on this distributor over 2000 miles, got normal gas mileage, my air fuel mixture was 14.7, nothing different; ran EXACTLY like the unit without the adjustments. When I sold my motor I decided to hold onto this one BECAUSE it had the extra adjustments.

My VIN:    03572

Mine has only run on the different unit since I bought it. I think Grady was installing the one I have because they are cheaper to buy.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    David Teitelbaum
    +1

Mine was changed when it was set up for a BAE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2