FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The USS Enterprise....

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    It'll be a long time before that happens. Hopefully they'll turn her hulk into a reef and send her down in style a la "Star Trek III" style.

You know if there's enough interest, I could probably contact the Norfolk Naval Base PR office and see if we could get a bunch of DeLoreans together for a photo op/car show. Not sure what the two really have to do with one another. But any excuse to get a grouping is cool!
    If I remember the article I read right she's considered too radioactive to turn into a reef and the way they have to remove the reactors is going to severely impact the structure so she may not even be able to be towed to a reef location.

It'd be awesome if they could all get up on deck. Obviously not going to happen without a crane and some cash greasing some wheels. Imagine the image of a Delorean wings up ready to launch off the deck. That'd look cool.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Synthetic scotch, synthetic commanders...
    Actually, if you watched the episode, you would know that this is one of the ONLY episodes where they drink real alcohol.

Mr. Scot: "What is it?"
    Data: "It is green"

Picard later says that it is Aldebaran Whiskey and that he gave it to Guinan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Actually, if you watched the episode, you would know that this is one of the ONLY episodes where they drink real alcohol.

Picard later says that it is Aldebaran Whiskey and that he gave it to Guinan.
    Nerds.

(Guilty )
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 11-05-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    6679

I was quoting Scotty - Data grabs the real stuff immediately after Scotty makes that remark, which is in response to Data's clarification to why Scotty hates what he was served (Laddie I was drinking scotch a hundred years before you were born and whatever this is ain't scotch).

From memory Data stutters the line as - "it is... it is... it is green", which I recall Scotty making a similar remark in the original series so obviously a joke reference

That said, while Relics is one of my favourites it also shits me. The Enterprise becomes trapped inside the Dyson sphere and barely pulls itself into orbit of the enclosed sun because its systems were overloaded by the tractor beam, putting the crew and ship in grave danger because they cannot get any further away from the sun, yet:

1. When Geordi and Scotty wedge the Jenolan in the way of the hatch the Enterprise is immediately able to fly over to it - so pretending systems were restored by this point why didn't Picard already move them away from the sun? Frustrated me they set up such a major plot element and then completely forget about it.
    2. They need to destroy the Jenolan for the Enterprise to get through the hatch, even though you can clearly see the shields are not extended over the entire hatch opening and the Enterprise could have fit through
    3. The Enterprise beams Geordi and Scotty off the Jenolan while its shields are UP!!!
    4. The transporter effect onboard the Jenolan was from the original series, which was a nice touch but flawed because the Jenolan was fitted with Undiscovered Country era technology (not LCARS but clearly an evolution toward it, so should have had Undiscovered Country era transporter effect).

We do know #3 is theoretically possible, O'Brien was able to do it to get onboard the Pheonix in The Wounded when Maxwell wouldn't drop their shields, but O'Brien was a transporter legend AND he personally knew how to specifically put the effort in to achieve that... given O'Brien is chief engineer of DS9 at the time I have to pretend he programmed his theory into the transporter system for them to have so easily done this.
    Chris

My VIN:    00910

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    I was quoting Scotty - Data grabs the real stuff immediately after Scotty makes that remark, which is in response to Data's clarification to why Scotty hates what he was served (Laddie I was drinking scotch a hundred years before you were born and whatever this is ain't scotch).

From memory Data stutters the line as - "it is... it is... it is green", which I recall Scotty making a similar remark in the original series so obviously a joke reference

That said, while Relics is one of my favourites it also shits me. The Enterprise becomes trapped inside the Dyson sphere and barely pulls itself into orbit of the enclosed sun because its systems were overloaded by the tractor beam, putting the crew and ship in grave danger because they cannot get any further away from the sun, yet:

1. When Geordi and Scotty wedge the Jenolan in the way of the hatch the Enterprise is immediately able to fly over to it - so pretending systems were restored by this point why didn't Picard already move them away from the sun? Frustrated me they set up such a major plot element and then completely forget about it.
    2. They need to destroy the Jenolan for the Enterprise to get through the hatch, even though you can clearly see the shields are not extended over the entire hatch opening and the Enterprise could have fit through
    3. The Enterprise beams Geordi and Scotty off the Jenolan while its shields are UP!!!
    4. The transporter effect onboard the Jenolan was from the original series, which was a nice touch but flawed because the Jenolan was fitted with Undiscovered Country era technology (not LCARS but clearly an evolution toward it, so should have had Undiscovered Country era transporter effect).

We do know #3 is theoretically possible, O'Brien was able to do it to get onboard the Pheonix in The Wounded when Maxwell wouldn't drop their shields, but O'Brien was a transporter legend AND he personally knew how to specifically put the effort in to achieve that... given O'Brien is chief engineer of DS9 at the time I have to pretend he programmed his theory into the transporter system for them to have so easily done this.
    Just wow.
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmike View Post
    Just wow.
    Yea I said the same thing.

It's sad that I was actually able to follow along with that entire post. lol

That's what you get when your a kid and obsessed with Star Trek.
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmike View Post
    Just wow.

I thought there was a pretty good nerd vibe going from the start... but jeezus.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I want to to think that there was extensive research and thought put into that post, but I know that Chris just typed it from memory. Weirdy impressive
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I want to to think that there was extensive research and thought put into that post, but I know that Chris just typed it from memory. Weirdy impressive
    I want to think that too, but alas you are spot on - watching every TNG episode so many times as a teenager leaves a rather permanent imprint of every scene, detail, and flaw even 20 years later!
    Chris

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Were your ears burning as we typed the above few posts halfway around the world
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast