FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The USS Enterprise....

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Hmm, with that kind of knit-picking its hard to imagine you enjoying any movie.
    it's the other way around - I was so obsessed with TNG and the detail and effort they went to with it that it was WHY I would get caught up in it and in the process spot the flaws. I could write an equally big list of things I loved...

The new Enterprise B now had the TNG era door sound effect - one of countless evolutions bridging between the two eras/generations of Star Trek such as computer consoles, etc.

While sifting through wreckage Picard picks up the statue (cant recall the name of it) professor Galen gave him in The Chase.

LCARS was updated to turn a red theme at red alert (probably not practical but looked cool, might be why this no longer occurred in first Contact).

The modified bridge featuring extra stations on the sides was great!

The computer announcing the saucer separation was a great touch that I always presumed took place during the separation preparation (sorry for another nitpicking but why did Beverly evacuate sickbay during the separation anyway, it IS in the saucer section, and why were kids in the star drive section too and needed evacuating?)

The quality of the LCARS panels were stunning - especially on the holodeck arch.

The saucer crash sequence was very cool - despite being unnecessary.

The champaign ceremony for the Enterprise B in space dock was awesome!

The jokes with Kirk being applauded for ordering the departure, being fidgety in his seat, etc were great!

Scotty saving the day for the last time with everything he could muster was fantastic!

The effects were top notch (yep excluding the recycled Undiscovered Country Bird of Prey explosion).

Bringing back Lursa and Beatua (however you spell them) was a fantastic bit of continuity, likewise the reference to Encounter at Farpoint (even though I don't recall the Ferengi monkey suit joke actually being in the episode).

The Stellar Cartography room was an awesome way to look at star charts - the equivalent on the Enterprise E in Nemesis didn't do it for me.

Data hunting down Spot was a nice touch tonhow much his pet meant to him.

The gathering of people and shuttles on top of the saucer section was great.

The promotion of Worf, let alone the ceremony, was both funny and touching. Never understood why Worf's leg was bleeding when he climbed out of thecwater though, hit the bottom of the holodeck?

It's a nice movie I just wished they didn't destroy the Enterprise D I lived that ship.

Now First Contact, I dont think I sawca single flaw with that it was TNG's ultimate movie!
    Chris

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

The TNG Star Trek movies just seemed reeeallly cheap. I didn't get that feeling about II, III and IV. Nemesis is unwatchable.

Edit: I agree with this guy. He speaks for me in all things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZjkHUrEuHc
    Last edited by SamHill; 11-06-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    The TNG Star Trek movies just seemed reeeallly cheap. I didn't get that feeling about II, III and IV. Nemesis is unwatchable.
    I'm with you, but I'm a II, IV, VI fan. VI was by far the best. But IV is a close second. I also enjoyed First Contact and Insurection, but just because F Muray Abraham was the villain and he gave a performance that was on par with Christopher Plumber.
    1-800-273-8255

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4