FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Post Engine Swap Parts Sale

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Post Engine Swap Parts Sale

I'm finally taking the time to go through my stock pile of extra parts to let go of everything I no longer need or have a use for. Unless otherwise stated, everything is used and is sold as is. I’ll try to give a little background on each part if possible. Some of the parts are from my car, some are just extras that I've picked up over time. The last time my car ran with the PRV was in January. If the parts weren’t on the car, most were tested sometime in the previous year. If more than one person is interested in an item, whoever PM’s first gets priority. Let me know where you are and and what you want I’ll try to estimate shipping for you. I pretty much accept only paypal or cash if you’re close enough to pick up. I believe these prices are fair, but if you think something is WAY off base feel free to let me know. Pictures are shown of each item. Please do not hesitate to ask questions, or ask for pictures of something specific. I certainly do not wish to hide anything.

Here are the parts:

Alternate style air intake. I bought this a few years ago thinking maybe I would use it. I always kind of liked the different look to it. Whole assembly - $25
    Alternate Intake.jpgAlternate Intake 1.jpg

Catylitic Converter heatshield. It’s in pretty good shape. It is the original asbestos one (there’s your warning) I know these are no longer available and kind of rare. I think one of the corners may be a little bit worn but for the most part it’s in great shape. Bracket still has both studs – $50
    Cat Shield 2.jpgCat Shield 1.jpg

Auto transmission cooler coolant pipe. Good shape, threads clean, comes with bracket – $50
    Transmission cooler.jpg

Exhaust manifolds. Faces look good. Never leaked when on the car - $100 for the pair
    Exhaust Manifolds.jpg

Catalytic Converter. This catalytic converter is hollow. One of the studs broke when removed and will need to be drilled out – $30
    Hollow Cat.jpg

Cross over tube – One of the heat shield studs is broken hence the hose clamp – $40
    Cross over tube.jpg

Starter. Never had an issue Worked great all the way up to the day I pulled the engine – $100
    Starter.jpg

Engine Mounts. Dirty but the rubber is still in good shape – $20 for the pair
    Engine Mounts.jpg

Automatic Transmission Mounts ( believe these are kind of rare?), good shape, still have plating under the dirt, no cracks or broken welds – $100 for the pair
    Auto Transmission Mounts.jpg

Transmission rubber mounts with brackets - $45 for the pair
    Transmission Mount Bushings.jpg

Heat exchanger pipe (intake), New Never been used – $15
    Heat Exchanger Pipe.jpg

Automatic Pedal Box, great shape, fairly new steering column bushing, comes with brake switch and pedal rubber pads – $200
    Auto Pedal Box.jpg

Carbon canister, inside condition unknown, I believe it was replaced in 1987 and has about 15,000 miles on it. Comes with the bezel (no longer available) as well as the hoses – $45
    Carbon Canister.jpg

Steering wheel, good shape, a few small nicks but nothing major, comes with center pad, only replaced because I’ve got an aftermarket one now - $250
    Steering Wheel 1.jpgSteering wheel 2.jpg

Ignition coils, the one on the right came out of my car, the one on my left was my emergency kit spare – $25 for the pair
    Ignition Coils.jpg

Resistors the one on the bracket was in the car, the other was in my emergency kit. ( I had an excessive emergency kit.) You can have the wall bracket too if you want – $20 for the pair
    Resistors and bracket.jpg

Upper intake manifold/mixture controller. No real back story, had for several years pretty much just because they were DeLorean parts. Comes with throttle linkage rod. – $150
    Mixture Control Unit 1.jpgMixture Control Unit 2.jpgAttachment 14689

Y pipe. No real back story, had for several years pretty much just because they were DeLorean parts – $75
    Y pipe 2.jpgY Pipe 1.jpg

Intake manifold, No real back story, had for several years pretty much just because they were DeLorean parts – $150
    Intake Manifold.jpg

Cold air intake pipe, this was the pipe I had on my car for several years, still in good shape. It’s actually formed to fit the DeLorean, not just generic ducting – $15
    Cold Air Intake.jpg

Injectors; 12 injectors plus cold start. The top set was my cars original injectors that were new in 1987, they still all spray, I just replaced them for good measure. The bottom set was an extra set I acquired with other DeLorean parts. I carried all these around in my emergency kit. -$150 for all 12 plus cold start
    Injectors 1.jpgInjectors 2.jpg

Fuel distributer, I mentioned it in another thread. Has the extra individual cylinder adjustment screws though I’ve never touched them. I drove on this distributor about 2 years ago for quite a few miles just to see if the distributor worked. Plunger still moves totally freely. Comes with all the banjo bolts for the distributor as well as the 6 for the injectors, and a few others. Also comes with all the distributor hose ends and injector hose ends, and a couple extra (useful as a core if you buy stainless lines but don’t want to return your stock rubber ones). Lots of copper washers included. - $300
    Fuel Distributor.jpg

Muffler Brackets. Upper, this bracket is new. I bought it when I got my UK exhaust but never used it. - $30
    Muffler Bracket 4.jpg

Lower Right hand bracket #1 Good shape, nothing broken - $30
    Muffler Bracket 1.jpg

Lower Right hand bracket #2 This one has been re welded and has the alternator part broken off $15
    Muffler Bracket 2.jpg

Lower Left hand bracket, good shape, nothing broken $30
    Muffler Bracket 3.jpg

If I find any other items I'll post them. I'll also post when something sells.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 11-06-2012 at 01:28 AM.

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

PM sent.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

All parts are priced as marked or best offer.

I forgot I had these in my collection. 2 craig radios, one working one for parts. I bought these in 2008 after regretting tossing my original craig radio. At the time I planned on putting a craig back into my car. Never got around to it, and now I'm waiting on a double-DIN dash project to come through.

I dont know the story of the one on the left as it's missing the screen and the face. I bought it before I found the other one. It may be repairable if replacement parts were found but otherwise I assume it was just for parts.

The one on the right was pulled working from a car some time in 2007. Since then it's been stored inside on a shelf in my closet for the last 5 years. I tested it today and it turned on and I was able to pick up both AM and FM radio with it. Unfortunately I dont own any cassettes anymore, haha. The trim plate does have a crack in it, but those are available new from DMCH for $7. I used to have the knobs for the one on the right but at this point I'm going to assume they're lost. They're available for $5 also from DMCH. http://store.delorean.com/search.aspx?searchterm=craig

$200 for both radios.

Pics and a video of the working one:
    Craig 3.jpgCraig 2.jpgCraig 1.jpgCraig 4.jpgCraig 5.jpgCraig 6.jpgCraig 7.jpg

(dont mind the christmas music comment, lol, I just think it's too soon. I was actually surprised that it picked up the stations with no antenna attached)
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 11-11-2012 at 08:11 PM.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Ill take the working one!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Edit I will take both
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

The radios and steering wheel are sold. Several other items are in the process of being sold and I'll post when they are officially sold.

I put several of the items on ebay today in case anyone is interested in them there. They are all auctions that start at $.01 with no reserve! I really just want to get rid of this stuff .

So far the ebay items are:

The full set of muffler brackets plus the one extra right hand bracket:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290812614465...84.m1555.l2649

The catalytic converter heat shield:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290812620822...84.m1555.l2649

The automatic transmission mounts as well as the rubber bushings/mounts and the support brackets:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290812625413...84.m1555.l2649

The set of exhaust manifolds:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290812628186...84.m1555.l2649

The starter:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290812631652...84.m1555.l2649

The automatic pedal box:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290812636339...84.m1555.l2649

Like I said, everything is an auction starting at 1 cent so whatever they go for is what they go for. If you have questions you can either ask me on here or on ebay.

Thanks!

-Nick-

All these items end today on eBay in a few hours. 4 out of 6 of the auctions are still at $0.01 with either 1 or 0 bids so it's a good opportunity to get some parts pretty cheap since they're all no reserve! Just a heads up. Happy bidding

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

You still have the intake tube available?

Yes I still have the intake tube.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast