Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Hi - I live in Bradenton FL

  1. #11
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    6,953

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Radioval View Post
    I have it down in my book! I would love to talk with other owners as I need some things done to my car and dealing with people online kinda sucks!
    Hey now...........

    I hope you'll find that this is not the case at Happy DMCTalks Acres
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  2. #12
    Senior Member DMCFL Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Clermont, FL

    Posts:    1,160

    My VIN:    1098

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Radioval View Post
    Yes I would love to attend...I wanted to go to this past one but I had to DJ a bar mitzvah or something like that! I have it down in my book! I would love to talk with other owners as I need some things done to my car and dealing with people online kinda sucks!
    We do have a few owners in that area, hopefully some of them will see your post and respond.

    Out of curiosity, what sort of work do you need help with?
    Brandon S.

    2014 Honda Civic EX
    2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6


  3. #13
    Senior Member AdmiralSenn's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    432

    Hello. I'm Adam. I would be glad to help with anything you need if you're ever on the east coast (or if I'm on the west for some reason).

    (Note that my car is so far the least reliable of anyone else in the DCF so you will most likely never see it!)
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

  4. #14
    Junior Member Radioval's Avatar
    Join Date:  Feb 2012

    Location:  Bradenton, Florida

    Posts:    26

    My VIN:    #2034

    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    We do have a few owners in that area, hopefully some of them will see your post and respond.

    Out of curiosity, what sort of work do you need help with?

    Well...I just replaced the door shocks so now they don't bonk me in the head...but like the back seat panels come off so I have to keep seat overs on it so need to know how to secure those on and the door panel on the passenger side fell off because the screws/brackets broke off so wanted to see if that can be repaired at a shop or should I just order more. my gas flap on the top of the car is a little "wonky" but otherwise it runs just fine and gets lots of attention. I just need someone to hang out with me all day who is familiar with this car so I can figure this all out. I have all the books/service manuals etc....

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,048

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Radioval View Post
    I just need someone to hang out with me all day who is familiar with this car so I can figure this all out.
    Are you single?

  6. #16
    Senior Member Evildeli's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sanford, FL

    Posts:    233

    My VIN:    3004

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Radioval View Post
    Well...I just replaced the door shocks so now they don't bonk me in the head...but like the back seat panels come off so I have to keep seat overs on it so need to know how to secure those on and the door panel on the passenger side fell off because the screws/brackets broke off so wanted to see if that can be repaired at a shop or should I just order more. my gas flap on the top of the car is a little "wonky" but otherwise it runs just fine and gets lots of attention. I just need someone to hang out with me all day who is familiar with this car so I can figure this all out. I have all the books/service manuals etc....
    Sounds like stuff that could possibly be tackled on a small tech session. I was thinking about asking about since I got some work I could use some extra hands on. We're on opposite sides of the state, so it could involve a bit of driving.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    6,953

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Are you single?



    j/k
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,048

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post



    j/k
    I think you scared her away.

  9. #19
    Junior Member Radioval's Avatar
    Join Date:  Feb 2012

    Location:  Bradenton, Florida

    Posts:    26

    My VIN:    #2034

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Are you single?


    Haha....yes...single have a Delorean/flux capacitor tattoo and I have big boobs! hahahah
    IMG-20120301-00592.jpg

  10. #20
    Nothing witty here lest it offend
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    860

    Quote Originally Posted by Radioval View Post
    Haha....yes...single have a Delorean/flux capacitor tattoo and I have big boobs! hahahah
    IMG-20120301-00592.jpg
    http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=620

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •