FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I think there is a ghost in my house

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I think there is a ghost in my house

It was a very odd night last night....very odd. I slept in out guest room last night (someone snores and its not me). Anyway something fell and woke me up at 3:30 this morning. Nothing weird, just figured the cat knocked something over. I was a little hot so I pushed the blanket off me and kept the sheet. As I was lying there trying to go back to sleep and debating if maybe I should just go ahead and get up for the day, all of a sudden it got cold...VERY cold. Now remember just a few minutes earlier I was hot....now I swear the temp felt like it dropped 15-20 degrees almost instantly. Then it happened, the blinds fell down. They just fell off the wall! I sat up and turned the light on, assessed the disturbance, then waited for something else to happen. Nothing did, but the chill went away after a few minutes and I never found whatever fell and made the noise that initially woke me. I don't know why I wasn't freaked out, but I laid back down and eventually slept somewhat well until 7ish. It was very odd that that blind has ring there 8 years and never fell, and couple that that I happened to be awake 5 minutes before it happened, and the temp change. I still can't believe it didn't freak me out, but I will be taking 2 glasses of wine tonight...I want to stay asleep tonight.
    Last edited by Michael; 11-09-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It was a very odd night last night....very odd. I slept in out guest room last night (someone snores and its not me). Anyway something fell and woke me up at 3:30 this morning. Nothing weird, just figured the cat knocked something over. I was a little hot so I pushed the blanket off me and kept the sheet. As I was lying there trying to go back to sleep and debating if maybe I should just go ahead and get up for the day, all of a sudden it got cold...VERY cold. Now remember just a few minutes earlier I was hot....now I swear the temp felt like it dropped 15-20 degrees almost instantly. Then it happened, the blinds fell down. They just fell off the wall! I sat up and turned the light on, assessed the disturbance, then waited for something else to happen. Nothing did, but the chill went away after a few minutes and I never found whatever fell and made the noise that initially woke me. I don't know why I wasn't freaked out, but I laid back down and eventually slept somewhat well until 7ish. It was very odd that that blind has ring there 8 years and never fell, and couple that that I happened to be awake 5 minutes before it happened, and the temp change. I still can't believe it didn't freak me out, but I will be taking 2 glasses of wine tonight...I want to stay asleep tonight.
    Yeesh. Well, just don't jump to conclusions.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    3028

Sounds like you dropped some acid.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nothing odd there.

Unless you don't actually have a cat.....,
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

A cat that can adjust the thermostat!!!!!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Uneventful last night. I theorize that is was indeed JZD checking up on 5609 to make sure it's in good hands...I wonder who he will visit next?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

I wouldn't doubt it. I was sceptical about such things, until.....

The house I got married in is well known through the Ontario Paranormal community, reputed as being haunted. Built in the early 1830s, it was built on 100 acres with Lake Ontario in plain sight. Many people trudged through the thick, dense forest over a number of years after coming ashore. Some family friends bought it and lived in it for close to a decade.

I never had much time for stories of hauntings, until I started spending some time there.

There were three main "spirits" that walked around the cleared portion of the property: A young child, a nanny, and a caretaker. The children who lived at the house claimed to see them. When called in to investigate, mediums claimed to see them as well.

Odd things happened in that house. Electricity intrigued them. Things would turn on and off at random, particularly the ceiling fans. The wiring was inspected, and it was evident that there was only one switch in many cases that operated the specific items. Everybody in the house was accounted for during these events.

The piano occasionally played a note or two. Often the same notes. We suspect it was the child. Again, everyone was accounted for.

The night before our wedding, members of my family stayed in the house. They would not go back in afterwards. (They were skeptics going in).

Our wedding was held outdoors. The day was quite warm for late August, and sunny. Totally breeze-free...except for the attempts at lighting ceremonial candles. Every time a candle was lit, there would be a sudden gust of wind that would blow out the flame. It was very localized; you could see the trees were still, but yet there was this wind. the wind stayed so long as we attempted to light candles. Once the lighter went into a pocket, the wind immediately died down. Later, we were told that the caretaker spirit was the one extinguishing the flame. They had all died in a fire on that property before the current house had been built.

Coming back to your specific example, Michael, was the summer day I was at the house, very tired, and sitting on the piano bench. Suddenly my leg got VERY cold. Their youngest daughter, Laura, was walking by and said "hi" while looking at her eye level towards me. It was the young boy sitting on my lap.

Do I believe there is activity such as this that cannot possibly be explained? Yes. Do spirits walk the earth? I don't doubt it. Am I into it like Dan Aykroyd? No.

In June, for various reasons, we moved into my late father in law's house. He had a sudden, fatal heart attack while getting ready for bed the previous August. We think that due to the nature of his death, and the feeling it was 'unfair', that he is sticking around to watch his youngest grandkids grow up. My kids, 7 and 9, claim to see him regularly.

Fortunately, I never feel sudden chills...

For the record, the house I mentioned is called Stonehaven, in Grafton, Ontario. On Highway 2, just East of the village proper.

My VIN:    2848

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I seriously doubt there is a ghost in your house. Probably a demon, but definitely not a ghost.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Just hire a van full of teenagers with a talking dog, they always seem to figure those things out.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Jeenkies

Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    Just hire a van full of teenagers with a talking dog, they always seem to figure those things out.
    It is most likely that his house sits on a goldmine that someone wants to scare him away from. Possibilities to help out with this investigation: Sonny and Cher, Sandy Duncan, the Harlem Globetrotters.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast