FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: GOOD/POSITIVE DeLorean stories

My VIN:    3610

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I'm finding that the more comfortable I get with the car the less I notice people noticing me. Either that or I drive it enough everyone in Pittsburgh has already seen it at least once. Then again, my wife as a passenger notices way more of the shenanigans people do than I do.
    Cool, another Pittsburgh owner. Where do you guys live?

My VIN:    Between VINs

Allison Park. Cars and Coffee is pretty close so I've taken it up there a few times. But we also have a house in Latrobe so it spends some time down there as well. I drive it a good bit.

My VIN:    3610

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Allison Park. Cars and Coffee is pretty close so I've taken it up there a few times. But we also have a house in Latrobe so it spends some time down there as well. I drive it a good bit.

I’m over in Greensburg area, hope to see you around the city.

My VIN:    Between VINs

Our Latrobe house is on Twin Lakes Road which is practically Greensburg. I'm sure our paths will cross, the Delorean world is small.

I spent yesterday morning getting my recently acquired D insured and registered. My insurance agent nearly fell out of his chair when I gave him the vehicle information. He says he’s never seen one in real life and could I drive it down sometime so he could see it? He knew a little about the car, including that it was made in Ireland and that John DeLorean was an engineer.

At the motor vehicle registry the woman helping me had a big smile on her face when I handed her the paperwork. “That’s the car from BTTF! I love that movie!” She too knew a few things about the car.

In the afternoon I took my six year old son for a ride. Cruising down a four lane road I notice that we are slowly getting passed by a pickup truck with a young man hanging out the passenger window recording us with his cell phone. I wave and he gives me a huge smile and thumbs up. That really made my day, and I’m pretty sure I made his day too

My VIN:    3028

Picked my son up at high school today. While waiting I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised how respectful these teenagers were, from asking if it was ok to take pictures, to just a simple thumbs up.

One guy pulls up next to me and says he loves the car, I said your embarrassing your girlfriend but thanks, he drov off laughing.

Another two guys walked up to me and said would it be ok to check out the car. They even asked about the graining of the SS.They we’re thrilled to sit in it. Then they asked me how much one of these goes for. They actually asked in a polite way, but I answered that it is not what an exotic (can I call it an exotic?) costs, it is the yearly maintenance cost that is important.
    Barry

My VIN:    10921

Get used to the attention - I had many similar experiences this summer driving my car that I bought last January.
    ‘Funny that I got virtually the same comment from the woman at the NY DMV.
    It is amusing to see how many people take pics when you are stopped at stoplights. One of the most amusing times was when I passed a guy at an intersection out on a country road. I saw him watch me go by and did not think much of it. He chased me down and caught me at a stop sign a few miles down the road. He jumped out of his car and started waving at me as I was about to pull away. He very politely asked for a photo. I pulled off to the side of the road and took his picture standing next to the car. He was so excited and could not wait to show it to his family. ‘ Very pleasant young man that I otherwise would never have met...
    ‘Enjoy putting smiles on people’s faces!

My VIN:    10907

The other week was "bring your child to work day". One of my co-workers has an autistic stepson (we'll call him Adam) who is 18 but still very kid-like. Adam really loves DeLoreans and was super excited about getting to ride in another co-worker's son's car years ago so I thought it would be nice to bring my car in to show him.

I wasn't sure when I'd get my dinner break so I left the doors unlocked and told my buddy he could let Adam sit in it as long as he was closely supervised. When I finally got a break I went out and found the whole family out there, Adam grinning from ear to ear. He said he remembered the other one being bigger and his mom had to remind him that he'd been smaller then His mom said he'd been over the moon when they pulled into the lot and he saw my car through the fence.

We were walking back to the building so they could take a tour of the facility when I asked if Adam would like another DeLorean ride. Needless to say, he was a lot more excited about that than seeing where his stepdad worked, LOL. We drove up the road past the airport and circled back via the freeway. Adam was videoing everything on his iPhone and talking about how awesome it was and how it had been so long since he'd gotten to ride in "this magical car"!

When we got back I spent another 20 minutes showing Adam the trunk and engine and taking his picture with the car. At the end, he got down on his knees in front of the grille and talked to the car, telling it how much he loved it and thanking it for the experience. Just watching him put the biggest smile on my face I'd had in months. We should all have such unconditional love for our cars!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    The other week was "bring your child to work day". One of my co-workers has an autistic stepson (we'll call him Adam) who is 18 but still very kid-like. Adam really loves DeLoreans and was super excited about getting to ride in another co-worker's son's car years ago so I thought it would be nice to bring my car in to show him.

I wasn't sure when I'd get my dinner break so I left the doors unlocked and told my buddy he could let Adam sit in it as long as he was closely supervised. When I finally got a break I went out and found the whole family out there, Adam grinning from ear to ear. He said he remembered the other one being bigger and his mom had to remind him that he'd been smaller then His mom said he'd been over the moon when they pulled into the lot and he saw my car through the fence.

We were walking back to the building so they could take a tour of the facility when I asked if Adam would like another DeLorean ride. Needless to say, he was a lot more excited about that than seeing where his stepdad worked, LOL. We drove up the road past the airport and circled back via the freeway. Adam was videoing everything on his iPhone and talking about how awesome it was and how it had been so long since he'd gotten to ride in "this magical car"!

When we got back I spent another 20 minutes showing Adam the trunk and engine and taking his picture with the car. At the end, he got down on his knees in front of the grille and talked to the car, telling it how much he loved it and thanking it for the experience. Just watching him put the biggest smile on my face I'd had in months. We should all have such unconditional love for our cars!
    Awesome!!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

^+1
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast