[future Delorean owner] in Roberts MT. They had us park in
    their barn because of recent hail storms, and took lots of
    pictures. Next morning Kate and I drove to the reunion and
    wowed the troops. On the way back the car was bucking and
    surging, oh-oh fuel pump? It died this side of Butte MT. We
    triple AAA'd to Butte when my son came down with a car hauler
    and got us back home. Later making contact with Mary she
    told us about bragging what was in their barn last week to the
    parts man, who pulled out his phone and said was it this one?
    He had a photo of us beside the road! Strangely not one
    person stopped in two hours to see if we needed help.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

another one

Did a parade at "Heritage Days" in Columbia MT today. It was
    fun slowly weaving back and forth hearing "back to the future", "88
    miles an hour", and "flux capacitor". About every block we shut the
    doors for a bit then opened them to "neat", "wow", "oooh", it was
    almost like being at a fireworks show.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I took #2613 to be registered in the state of Florida. At the DMV office, a guy who pulled up next to me said "Hey, butthead!" I turned around and said "What are you lookin' at, butthead?" He said "Ha! I'm glad you got that because otherwise I'd just be a jackass. Do you mind if I take a selfie with your car?" I said no problem. Hey, at least he was polite. LOL
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

I could read this thread all day, every day. As a relatively new owner and avid follower of the forum, I know these cars are and will be a lot of work and probably be a significant "investment" but it is important for me to see the positives of ownership outside of my own experience. Helping your fellow owner is key but to distract from the "DeLorean problems" for just a minute is quite refreshing. I've learned how to be a better owner and steward of the gift of DeLorean ownership from this thread, from carrying hot wheels for kids to just chatting up the interested stranger. Maybe I will get sick of the questions and BTTF jokes (I hope not), but there are many reasons I bought this car and low maintenance isnt on that list, but I am happy to have a thread that puts me back in my happy place.

My VIN:    3455

A local museum received the screen-used BTTF2 hoverboard and self-lacing shoes about 2 weeks ago and hosted a screening of the movie. I bought tickets for the family and drove the DeLorean, but parked it in the lot and didn't make a big deal about it. I just thought some folks might get a kick of spotting it. After the movie the museum staff asked if it was my car and if I would mind pulling up to the front for folks to take pictures. Everyone was really excited about it as most folks had never seen one in person. Afterwards, the staff asked if I'd like to come back when the exhibit was over to view the artifacts privately, so earlier this week I got a chance to snap the pics below.

Growing up I always thought of owning a DeLorean as a long shot, and I certainly never imagined I'd get this close to the hoverboard and shoes with my own D parked outside Not to mention getting to hold Indiana Jones' whip was icing on the cake.

IMG_2731.jpgIMG_2732.jpgIMG_2734.jpgIMG_2735.jpgIMG_2739.jpgIMG_2744.jpgIMG_2746.jpg

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

On the way to work today, #2613's a/c went out. (High pressure relief valve burped a bunch of R-134a on the streets of downtown Miami... LOL) So I drove home with the windows open, which is an invitation for people to comment at me at stoplights. One guy hollered out, "What year are you going to?" I said "Sadly, this one!" He laughed and we went our separate ways.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    On the way to work today, #2613's a/c went out. (High pressure relief valve burped a bunch of R-134a on the streets of downtown Miami... LOL) So I drove home with the windows open, which is an invitation for people to comment at me at stoplights. One guy hollered out, "What year are you going to?" I said "Sadly, this one!" He laughed and we went our separate ways.
    No matter if it's nice out or not, stereo and windows go up at every red light

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalB View Post
    A local museum received the screen-used BTTF2 hoverboard and self-lacing shoes about 2 weeks ago and hosted a screening of the movie. I bought tickets for the family and drove the DeLorean, but parked it in the lot and didn't make a big deal about it. I just thought some folks might get a kick of spotting it. After the movie the museum staff asked if it was my car and if I would mind pulling up to the front for folks to take pictures. Everyone was really excited about it as most folks had never seen one in person. Afterwards, the staff asked if I'd like to come back when the exhibit was over to view the artifacts privately, so earlier this week I got a chance to snap the pics below.

Growing up I always thought of owning a DeLorean as a long shot, and I certainly never imagined I'd get this close to the hoverboard and shoes with my own D parked outside Not to mention getting to hold Indiana Jones' whip was icing on the cake.

IMG_2731.jpgIMG_2732.jpgIMG_2734.jpgIMG_2735.jpgIMG_2739.jpgIMG_2744.jpgIMG_2746.jpg
    Great story! And some kinda fun I bet you had.

Icing on the cake is right for the Indiana Jones whip. To steal a line from Indy for how beat up those BTTF2 shoes appear to look... "it's not the years honey, it's the mileage."

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    No matter if it's nice out or not, stereo and windows go up at every red light
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    Between VINs

I'm finding that the more comfortable I get with the car the less I notice people noticing me. Either that or I drive it enough everyone in Pittsburgh has already seen it at least once. Then again, my wife as a passenger notices way more of the shenanigans people do than I do.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast