FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOD/POSITIVE DeLorean stories

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Good point. Really needs to lay off the carbs...
    The man or the DeLorean?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Good point. Really needs to lay off the carbs...
    Attached Images
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Awesome story Kenny. Btw too bad I didn't see you at SW Celebration.
    I don't usually venture beyond a small radius around my hometown. It looked like a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Beautiful symbolism there Kenny - man with clogged injector saves life of man with clogged artery
    I didn't think about that. That fits perfectly.

Tory (my neighbor) is out of the hospital now. Unfortunately the doctors told him he shouldn't be alone anymore. His son isn't capable of calling 911 if needed so he's moving out to his sister's house. His son and I packed up their van and they both left yesterday. I think what is going to bother him most is not being able to work on cars anymore.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    20034

TIMEHACK: First 1/2 Hour, Day One...

Getting my first tank of gas just 30 minutes after buying the car recently (# 20034 with 7,200 miles on it)...A woman across the parking lot brought her 10 year old over and politely asked if they could take a picture with the car...sure thing...that's pretty cool. At my next stop for lunch...ran into a bunch of Army folks on patrol, and they wanted to get pictures too...as you can see by a couple of other rides in the driveway...making folks happy makes me happy...I haven't been stopped by the police or highway patrol yet though, has anyone else had that interesting experience with county mounties as you approach 88 MPH?

Stan1395826_1082089191820827_3878816241732186280_n.jpg1469887_734866683209748_1683272154_n.jpg

My VIN:    10201

I have a couple. First is my neighbor's grandson came and i showed him my car a few days after i got it. When I opened the doors he asked "am i dreaming?!" and i said "no, buddy. this is real life." Then one of my favorites is of my hot older neighbor seeing my car once it was running again, she said "You're going to have to take me for a ride in it sometime... if your girlfriend doesnt mind." I told her i didnt have one and she replied "well, im dating this guy, but he said I should do whatever it takes to get a ride in that car." Sadly, it was shipped to DMC the next day lol. I mentioned it in another thread, but while driving my delorean on I-65 on my way down to Atlanta I saw another delorean going the opposite way waving at me. I nearly lost it, I had never seen another delorean on the road until then.

When I got back home my friends and family that hadnt seen the car yet mostly thought it was "stupid" but I saw that change as soon as they opened the doors. You can't help but smile the first time you open a delorean door. So glad I got that new strut!

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Where do you live? I'd be interested in the hot older woman she can ride in my Delorean
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Where do you live? I'd be interested in the hot older woman she can ride in my Delorean
    +1

My VIN:    2065

Share the love...

Quote Originally Posted by Cory W View Post
    This random encounter was probably the best one I've had so far.
    Nice story, well done.

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    he said I should do whatever it takes to get a ride in that car
    Wow, what an offer!
    Chris

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

My wife, Colleen, and I bought our car from DMCMW on the 19th right before the open house. That night, we had dinner with my sister and brother in law who live in the area. After, as we left, we ran into a woman who told us she and a number of other people had been taking pictures of the car. By now we had both doors open. She said now she needed another picture with the doors up. I asked if she wanted to get in and have me take her picture. She did (of course). She was our first "customer." I'm not sure who was more excited, her or Colleen and me.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast