It's not as busy as the stupid comment thread, but it's time to start a thread of good or positive encounters. This was on the old forum known as "What are your BEST DeLorean stories"

I was out on yet another Saturday night drive. I usually wander aimlessly around town, listening to whatever music suits me at the time, occasionally heading to one of the other towns 'close' by (an hour or more).

Tonight on my travels, I went down a dead-end residential road along the lakefront, and circled back at the park at the end.

Along my way back, I see a family of four in front of their house, at the edge of the road. As I get closer, I move over to give them safe berth, and they all hold out a thumb like they're hitchhiking. It's the mother and father, and their two kids. They're about the same age as my kids (5-8 ). I can't resist, and pull over.

Turns out they were leaving DQ right when I drove by, and followed me along, right to their house. Knowing I would have to come back that way, they went to the road to wait for me.

So, I open the doors, and give them the tour of the car, right at the side of the road. (It's limited traffic, low speed, and everybody knows each other along this road.) The kids sat in the car, asked all sorts of questions, and couldn't get over the doors. They also liked the two-seater configuration, since they'd have to sit up front, even at their age. (Most kids these days are stuck in the rear seats)

When I was underhood, I picked out a couple Hot Wheels and gave them to the kids. This totally made their night. The mother told me that the fact I stopped made their night. They were both surprised to hear the car is local, and has been around for three years. Apparently I'm never out and around where they are, and I've driven roughly 10k miles each year!

The kids and parents thanked me for stopping (and the 5 year old held his hand out for me to shake it - priceless!) and I went on my way, reminding them to look down when they're out in traffic; I may be there.

Over my last 3 years of ownership, I've had people flash their high beams at me at night to make me pull over to talk, try to block me in a parking space to talk, or linger around me and the car during shows, making it hard to talk to other people. I've even had a person in another vehicle almost cause two collisions trying to "direct" me while driving along a highway so they could take pictures. This random encounter was probably the best one I've had so far.