FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: In addition to DMCTalk, what other sites/groups do you participate?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • FaceBook

15 51.72%
  • DMCToday

19 65.52%
  • Yahoo or other DeLorean Wiki

3 10.34%
  • DeLorean.com Knowledge base

3 10.34%
  • Other DeLorean Blogs/sites/clubs/groups, but choose not to disclose

4 13.79%
  • None of your business

2 6.90%
  • None of your business, this is a stupid poll.

4 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FB: To Be, or Not To Be

FB: To Be, or Not To Be

So now I have seen enough posts on DMCTalk (Talk) where someone states they are not on Facebook (FB). I too am not on FB. Rather than hijack someone else’s thread, I’d like to start a poll as to who is on FB, who isn’t and who won’t.

How would this poll benefit the DeLorean community you ask? I view Talk as a central repository of DeLorean specific information. It was here first I believe, and became predominant before other DeLorean groups formed and became popular. While FB, DMCToday (Today) and other DeLorean Community websites have value, they take away value from Talk, unless the original poster redundantly posts in the various and multiple places (action which costs additional time investment by the poster).

So let’s hear it, what’s your position regarding FB and other DeLorean sites/groups?

Thank you.

(Poll added. Please just reply None if you are not part of any other site/group)
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-05-2021 at 08:51 AM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    03500

I have never been and will never be a citizen of FB!!!

Dave B.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I am,

Just so my ex girlfriends and girls that didn't like me in HS can look me up to see what an awesome catch they let get away before they have their 4th drink of the afternoon and pass out in a flood of tears and misery over this prime piece of man estate.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

DMCTalk is an extraordinary repository of information. I've read it extensively, even before I even got my car, and even when certain people told me I "Wasn't classic car owner material". If I have a problem,
    it's almost certain someone here has had the problem and multiple solutions. For that, I'm very thankful.

Still, I don't post my issues here - I'm tired of getting content-free lectures, and there's an air of elitism. Facebook in general tends to be a better format for posting pictures and whatnot.

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Still, I don't post my issues here - I'm tired of getting content-free lectures
    Lectures or crickets

The current version of board software is my concern. vBulletin 4.2.5 was been end of life for a long time and requires server software that is end of life.

It's one failed backup away from being hacked and going to dmctalk.com heaven.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Still, I don't post my issues here - I'm tired of getting content-free lectures, and there's an air of elitism.
    Let me address this comment in full using quotes from the tech manual. I will dumb it down further so as you can understand.....
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Let me address this comment in full using quotes from the tech manual. I will dumb it down further so as you can understand.....
    Last time, I didn't even ask a question - I just mentioned I was going to do something. I got a lecture anyway, which proved to contain zero value whatsoever for the task at hand.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

FB is like an easter egg hunt time suck, yeah you find an egg that has candy in it but it hardly is ever the piece of candy you are looking for. DMCTalk.org is organized and searchable. You don't have to scroll for hours to not find what your looking for.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    16064

Cool

I do belong to FB but also try to completely stay away because of "the waste of time suck".

I am connected to a veterans group to keep connected though.

I also come here to get questions answered & lmao on some of the comments like above . . . " don't need the lecture".

My VIN:    16795

I mostly avoid FB. I also find the whole format not particularly good for sharing technical information.

Also... the poll seems to be kind of broken. No way to choose DMCTalk only.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast