FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOD/POSITIVE DeLorean stories

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

I took my car around the block today, just to get behind the wheel (didn't have time to really drive it). I got followed back to my house by a guy and his girlfriend driving a Focus. By the time I got out of the car, the guy was already in my garage waiting to ask me if he could take pictures of the car. Although I'm not a big fan of getting followed (especially right into my own garage), it made the guy's day. And to be honest, I may have done the same thing if I were in his shoes!
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    I took my car around the block today, just to get behind the wheel (didn't have time to really drive it). I got followed back to my house by a guy and his girlfriend driving a Focus. By the time I got out of the car, the guy was already in my garage waiting to ask me if he could take pictures of the car. Although I'm not a big fan of getting followed (especially right into my own garage), it made the guy's day. And to be honest, I may have done the same thing if I were in his shoes!
    If you are being followed, then why would you drive directly home? It was nice that you were so gracious with your time, but i think this crosses the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    If you are being followed, then why would you drive directly home? It was nice that you were so gracious with your time, but i think this crosses the line.
    I didn't actually notice I was being followed until I pulled into the driveway. Otherwise I definitely would have kept going (I've had to do this before).

My VIN:    3305

Did he have a nice girlfriend at least?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post

Actually not bad from what I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post

I was wondering the same thing

The one thing I love about this car is that whenever there's a guy walking down the street towards me, and I drive by, without fail they always stop, stare, and as I pass them do a complete 180 and stare at me from behind. I just had one today. Hilariously, they never seem to notice any of the other classic cars that drive by. Something about a DeLorean

(And to be honest, if someone were to follow me home, I'd probably just pull in my driveway and pop open the doors for them. If they're that obvious that they follow me home, chances are they're looking to talk to me or take pictures, so I wouldn't be bothered. I used to be fascinated by them too, so I know what it's like to see one and want to follow it home. The kind of guys that are looking to steal it wouldn't be that obvious, particularly around these parts.)

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I was working inside the car today and heard a couple walk by.

Her: "Oh, look!"
    Him: "Woooow."
    Her: "And you thought that Lexus looked cool..."
    Him: "Well, I didn't know there was a DeLorean around the corner..."
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    I didn't actually notice I was being followed until I pulled into the driveway. Otherwise I definitely would have kept going (I've had to do this before).
    I was an undercover cop for 13 years, out of habit I always checked to see who was turning with me for the last 4 turns to get home. If someone made 3 I didn't go home. I retired 14 years ago and still check.

I was followed once for 3 turns I went straight and the guy started to pass me, I got out with badge and gun. the guy started babbling he had never seen a Mercedes like I was driving and just wanted to get a closer look.

It was a 1980,or so, 500 SEC with a full AMG make over. Air Dams, racing wheels and tires, fiberglass fenders, hood and trunk. It is absolutely the fastest car I have ever been in. A doper went over to Germany bought the car drove it across the street and had the AMG work done on it and imported it into the US. He then brought a kilo of coke and 25,000.00 into the city.

I was told they were called the German words for "White Ghost" they were built for the autobahn.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I was an undercover cop for 13 years, out of habit I always checked to see who was turning with me for the last 4 turns to get home. If someone made 3 I didn't go home. I retired 14 years ago and still check.

I was followed once for 3 turns I went straight and the guy started to pass me, I got out with badge and gun. the guy started babbling he had never seen a Mercedes like I was driving and just wanted to get a closer look.

It was a 1980,or so, 500 SEC with a full AMG make over. Air Dams, racing wheels and tires, fiberglass fenders, hood and trunk. It is absolutely the fastest car I have ever been in. A doper went over to Germany bought the car drove it across the street and had the AMG work done on it and imported it into the US. He then brought a kilo of coke and 25,000.00 into the city.

I was told they were called the German words for "White Ghost" they were built for the autobahn.
    Wow! Miami Vice style! You must have some stories.....

I took Egull to church today, and when I left, I got quite a crowd. Half of them were friends I knew, but the other half were people I had never seen before. Some took pictures. (I'll be on the lookout for 'em!) One guy was even showing his 4-5 year old daughter, who was enthralled by the whole thing. He was teaching her all about it, saying things like "see, the doors open up!" and her eyes got really wide. Got a few more fingerprints, but with any luck, we may have a car gal in the making

Another guy was in his 50's or 60's and was telling me stories about the different cars he had owned, his first being a '71 Ford Fairlane. He said he knew a guy that bought three DeLoreans for around $10,000 as an investment (didn't say when, but probably shortly after DMC's collapse, '83 or '84). He seemed to know his stuff though, and even knew that the 300 SL was the first production gullwing. In a way, it was sort of my first car show, although I was the only entrant. Great way to spend a Sunday morning!

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast