FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOD/POSITIVE DeLorean stories

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

2 years ago I was at a car show that benefitted cancer research. At one point all the Deloreans did a drive around the fairgrounds. As we were getting ready, a guy asked me if his son (a big Delorean fan) could ride along. Seemed like good people, so I figured "why not".

The kid was awestruck, his folks snapped a bunch of pix, and nice conversation was had by all. At the end of the ride, his uncle insisted on thanking me with some cash. I refused several times, then finally asked him to give it to the cancer charity instead, and he obliged.

I had a nice time at the show, a ride along made a kid's day, and some money went to cancer research. One of many positive experiences I have had with my car(s).
    Last edited by SoCalDMC12; 12-29-2011 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Typo

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDMC12 View Post
    2 years ago I was at a car show that benefitted cancer research. At one point all the Deloreans did a drive around the fairgrounds. As we were getting ready, a guy asked me if his son (a big Delorean fan) could ride along. Seemed like good people, so I figured "why not".

The kid was awestruck, his folks snapped a bunch of pix, and nice conversation was had by all. At the end of the ride, his uncle insisted on thanking me with some cash. I refused several times, then finally asked him to give it to the cancer charity instead, and he obliged.

I had a nice time at the show, a ride along made a kid's day, and some money went to cancer research. One of many positive experiences I have had with my car(s).
    I love those kinds of stories. I have to admit, the positive experiences I have had FAR FAR outweigh the few negative comments I have had(which I can count on one hand).
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    4534

I took Red to the parts store because I needed some stuff for my daily driver. The assistant manager walked up to the front counter to ring up a guy he was helping. I snickered when I heard him say "Is that what I think it is outside?" After I got my parts all the employees came outside to see the car and take pictures, the store was empty. That was a few weeks ago, fast forward to yesterday. The daily needs a new radiator, just another part of my overheating problem. I took my Mustang because there's no way a radiator is going to fit in my Delorean. The same assistant manager brings me my radiator and has another employee ring it up so he can clean up some spilled battery acid. Except he sees the Mustang outside and runs out to look at it and take pictures (not sure this guy ever really works). I pay for my radiator and head outside. As I'm unlocking the Mustang he goes "This is yours too??" We talked about his 65 while I attempted to stuff a huge radiator into the small Mustang.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

I have to say, the older Mustangs from the late 60's would be another dream car I'd like ever since I saw Bullitt. The remakes are a bit scrunched up.

My VIN:    6585

We had an argument going at work a couple of days ago about Sci-Fi movies that quickly became a debate about who loved what movie more. When Back to the Future came around my one coworker said that nobody there loved BTTF more than her. She owned copies on VHS & DVD, could quote every movie from beginning to end, and she was even going to buy a Flux Capacitor. So I told her I still had something better than a replica flux capacitor, to which she demanded to what?

I pulled my key out and laid it on the workbench for all to see.

"A real DeLorean."

It's a positive story because we all had a good laugh.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidaries View Post
    - Then he again started to race the engine. Then I opened the door. (Let's try something different)
    Brilliant.

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    I have to say, the older Mustangs from the late 60's would be another dream car I'd like ever since I saw Bullitt. The remakes are a bit scrunched up.
    Mine is a 66 coupe. She's not like Bullitt but I'm not really a fan of fastbacks. I've never actually seen that movie...
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    Mine is a 66 coupe. She's not like Bullitt but I'm not really a fan of fastbacks. I've never actually seen that movie...
    Having a classic mustang and not seeing "Bullitt" is like owning a Delorean and not seeing BTTF.

In fact, no matter what you drive, not having seen Bullitt means you loose two man cards.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Having a classic mustang and not seeing "Bullitt" is like owning a Delorean and not seeing BTTF.
    In other words: awesome.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

In fact, no matter what you drive, not having seen Bullitt means you loose two man cards.
    1. Turn off the TV, Radio, Etc
    2. Expand this to full screen
    3. Turn up your computer speakers
    4. Buckle the seatbelt on your chair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWgR2vYE2_o

5. Spend the next 10 minutes with a smile on your face.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast