FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOD/POSITIVE DeLorean stories

My VIN:    3305

I have a friend who's from England. He speaks italian, and he's a radio host here in Belluno. The other day we managed to meet because he wanted to see the Delorean! Man what a happy person he was!

Then he wrote his experience over facebook, this is what he said:

To appreciate this car photos are not enough. The smell of the interior took me straight back to the 80's and sitting behind the wheel was like putting on a fine silk suit - amazing. Yes, it's that car from that film, but I quickly forgot about Marty McFly and The Doc and was taken by the legend of a dream car! Thanks John!

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

last car show for the year

Went to "rumble in the bay" car show at Bigfork, Montana. Over 200 cars in this
    gem of small towns, lots of artists, galleys and good eating places. Met a fellow from
    Santa Barbara, Cal. that knew a guy that had a delorean. I said was it John Truscott
    And his wife Joan? He looked at me like I stepped out of UFO, you know John? I said
    Iv'e met them several times at DOA events. He was amazed that way out in Montana
    someone knew John. I said "yeah, we're kind of inbred here" Had a nice chat....

My VIN:    07000

As it seems like it's been a while any stories have popped up here, I'll share a couple from not too long ago, both from BTTF related events I did. The first was at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. My DeLorean is not a time machine, but I did make a cool Flux Capacitor using the TCD app, my iPad, a cardboard box I had that was a good size for the iPad, paint, electrical tape and some metal conduit elbows. Everyone loved the car, getting photos with me next to the car or with the guests. Lots of questions, nothing but compliments and WOW's!

The next parties I attended were on the following Saturday, and the first of those was pretty good, nothing but positive reactions from everyone (and this was an all adult party), and people wanting to know the history of the car, John DeLorean, and so on. And to them it was a time machine. A few hours later I had to go to another party, where when I arrived, EVERYONE was in the big driveway waiting for me as I came down the street, pulled in and parked. It was a family friendly party, with most everyone dressed as Marty or Jennifer, and couple Doc Browns (I was dressed as Doc for both events). Everyone was so excited when I came in, and most everyone took pictures next to or in the car as I keep an eye on them, as well as posed with many folks.

And then probably the best compliment I got was at a corporate BTTF themed party for the Biotech industry - lots of Doctors, scientists, etc. driving up in Porsches, Ferraris, etc. The DeLorean was placed in the area at the hotel where they feature someone's Italian supercar. As attendees for the event came for a photo with the car and me, one said "I was just at a premiere for the new Bond movie and they had the new Aston-Martin there. As nice as it was, it's not near as cool or beautiful as this." Hey may have been being nice, but still, it was nice to hear.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today my car had it's maiden voyage outside the neighborhood after it's restoration, and I took it for it's first fuel up with non-ethanol 87. The car ran flawlessly. Phew!!

At the first traffic light outside the neighborhood a surfer guy was standing in the parking lot of an adjacent gas station, and when he noticed the car, he came running across the street, stood on the median next to my driver's door with a big soda in hand and looking right at me, screamed "Dude!!! That is the most badass thing I have ever seen in my whole life!!! It's a really a DeLorean!!! And then he continued across the street while looking back, muttering something about how he wished he had one.

It made me smile.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today, I took the car to the pool store for my regular pool water check. After I came out, a burly guy in the truck in the next parking spot came over to take a peek, and I showed him the car. He was quiet as he looked the car over. One of the questions he asked was if I had the "flux thing", in a sheepish way...sort of like an ice breaker. He was very complimentary about the car and restoration.

Then he said the his best friend's dad had a black one, and at the high school prom they had their picture taken in front of their cars...his friends dads DeLorean, and the guy in his dad's Lincoln. He said he only saw one other D afterward, but each time he does, he remembers that day in High School (his voice softening as he said the last part).

I knew that the car took that guy back in time to a special moment in his life.

Then, I opened the glove box and showed him my ThinkGeek FC. As I told him about it, his face lit right up, and he asked me where I got it.

As he got inside his truck, he asked me one more time the website where the FC was, and he drove away smiling.

Good times.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Someone comes running into the gas station saying "whose is it? Whose is it?" I was at the register and I just raised my hand as I was paying and waved. Guy starts asking all kinds of questions as i'm walking out... He said "I was so bummed today after David Bowie died, I was getting really depressed, but then I saw the Delorean and it just made everything okay again!" I said "Do you want a pic in it?" He was so excited. I took his pic and I handed his phone back and said "here, check it that it came out". He said "omg, omg, I don't care if it's fuzzy, that was so great!!"

On the other hand, earlier that day my client's wife got equally excited when she saw it after a meeting I had with the client the same day and she said "OMG, that is so fun, i'm so surprised, I thought you were so serious and professional, I can't believe you're..... fun!" LOL

Fake drag racing, laughing traffic cops at the stop light.
    I loves my grooves!

My VIN:    07000

A week after BTTF day I had an event to do for a big bio-med dinner, and was driving the D dressed as Doc Brown. As I was coming up on the local Sheriff's station, there was one behind me and my first thought was "oh crud" thinking he might pull me over. But instead, he came alongside, saw me, laughed and smiled, and then continued on.

My VIN:    6782

October 21st 2015. For whatever reason the elementary school my step-granddaughter goes to had a theme day! So, I did my part. Lol
    Awesome bunch of kids. So happy and absolutely respectful. I get way more hand prints from 'entitled' grown-ups at car shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D-guy View Post

October 21st 2015. For whatever reason the elementary school my step-granddaughter goes to had a theme day! So, I did my part. Lol
    Awesome bunch of kids. So happy and absolutely respectful. I get way more hand prints from 'entitled' grown-ups at car shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how it is almost hidden by the 4 foot tall crowd

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast