FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOD/POSITIVE DeLorean stories

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Good story Michael. You are a great ambassador, and actions like this is what will ignite future generations to preserve our cars, once we give them up.

Thomas

He is also fronts the most kick ass Death Metal Band in the Tri State Area.

DLG.FOR.LIFE.JPG

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    He is also fronts the most kick ass Death Metal Band in the Tri State Area.

DLG.FOR.LIFE.JPG
    It's an underground thing mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's an underground thing mostly.
    Humble as always. There's a huge industry buzz around these guys. A few years from now everyone will be saying "Oh, I knew DLG when they were just starting out." I hate bandwagon jumpers.

DLG.Album.Cover.JPG

And I guess I should add a story to make it on topic.

Specifically drove it to work at the request of a coworker. I warned him that it was going to draw certain attention, moreso than a Ferrari or a Lambo. While at a stoplight in the middle of Crystal City a guy ran out into the street and practically laid down behind the car to get several pictures. Even I was impressed.

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

One time I was at a hot dog cash only place and there was a family with a daughter who was on the spectrum who liked the car and we talked as I answered questions. Real nice family.

But the real highlight of that trip was that my brother was talking about his dream car being a Dodge Challenger and just then an actual Dodge Challenger stopped in the middle of Rand road (a 45mph street) to get a better look at my DeLorean.

I turned to my brother and laughed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I love that photo.

Awesome member

My VIN:    5292

Did my first local car show last weekend. The response was fantastic - people loved the car. One fan was a local reporter. Here's the result...

http://www.thesalinepost.com/communi...im-back-future

My VIN:    10644

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark66 View Post
    Did my first local car show last weekend. The response was fantastic - people loved the car. One fan was a local reporter. Here's the result...

http://www.thesalinepost.com/communi...im-back-future
    I bet you really wish that they'd left the destination time as December 25, 0000.

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I love that photo.
    Thanks! I should post it to that best photos of your DeLorean thread.

Positive story time!

I drove my DeLorean down to Makanda, IL which was in that exact center of the Path of Totality for the total solar eclipse this past Monday. I paid $20 to park in some family's yard and came in second as the best thing they saw all day.

Someone even had the best comment (which I then stole) "if you're going to see the Eclipse why not do it in style?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    10921

Time to jump start this thread again...I really enjoyed reading the stories in it earlier...

‘So I have had a vibration in my steering wheel above 58 MPH ever since I took possession of 10921 earlier this year. Most of it was due to the car sitting for awhile and the tires being a bit stiff. It seemed like it had settled out quite a bit and it was now time to have the balance checked. I made an appointment at a local tire center to have them checked out.

I showed up with the car and the Manager first needed to be sure that I had indeed said that I had a Delorean...

It was hilarious when the technician pulled the car into the bay - all of the technicians in the shop (about 8 of them) stopped what they were were doing and came running over to look at the car. The Manager asked if they could take photos. I said yes and every one of them pulled out their phones and circled the car taking pictures.

The technician eventually took the front tires off and took them over to the balancing machine. He had a bit of an issue with first one and eventually the Manager came over to assist. They were having a bit of an issue with it because it still has a minor flat spot in it. He explained that they would do their best with it and that I should just continue to drive it to see if it would work it’s way out.

They completed the other one with no issue and reinstalled the wheels.

I went back inside the store to pay, and the Manager said

“No Charge. We could not fully balance the one. You shared your car with us and let us take pictures!”

‘so I got work done for free, got to watch these guys all enjoy the car, and my steering wheel shake is now gone!

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast