FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: GOOD/POSITIVE DeLorean stories

My VIN:    3799

A couple of weeks ago my friend and his wife invited me to a local Humane Society benefit event. It's a banquet type event with a meal and wine/beer tasting, silent auctions, door prizes, all kinds of stuff. It was beautiful out, so I drove the Delorean. My friend was cornered during the event by a guy that he knew, who was beside himself that there was a Delorean parked outside, and he wasn't sure what to do about it. He was that excited. My friend says, "Oh yeah, that's my buddy Joe's car, he's standing right over there. You should go talk to him, he'll let you sit in it and take pictures. He'd probably even let you drive it if you haven't had anything to drink. He was in disbelief the whole time, and he was too nervous to just come over and talk to me about it. It reminded me of some young dude who's to afraid to talk to a beautiful girl. After the event, we drove a couple of blocks to the local legion for a beer. My buddy introduced us and I talked to him for a bit about non-Delorean stuff, and he finally asked me about the car. I said, "Yeah, it's parked out front. Let's go look at it." He was like a little kid on Christmas morning. It was fun seeing him so excited about it. It reminded me of the couple of times that I saw a Delorean before I had one of my own.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Theme music salute

So, I was fueling up the car today at WaWa where they have 89 octane non-ethanol gas. It is a recently built station with pumps that feature built in video screens and speakers. They were playing random elevator music at all the pumps when I got out of the car. Mid-way through my fill-up the elevator music was over-ridden with the first 30 seconds of the Back To the Future theme song, then the other music resumed. It took a second for me to realize that it was intentional. I looked in the direction of the cashier in the store and gave a smile and a thumbs up.

Every drive is an adventure with fans, but this was a first for me.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

During one of our Fall Tours when we were at Brookhaven National Laboratories on Long Island NY, touring the particle collider, they played BTTF stuff over the PA system. I asked if anyone there knew how to adjust a Flux Capacitor. Turned out there was a Delorean there before we even got there, one of the scientists drives his there every day! We were all treated like celebrities.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    So, I was fueling up the car today at WaWa where they have 89 octane non-ethanol gas. It is a recently built station with pumps that feature built in video screens and speakers. They were playing random elevator music at all the pumps when I got out of the car. Mid-way through my fill-up the elevator music was over-ridden with the first 30 seconds of the Back To the Future theme song, then the other music resumed. It took a second for me to realize that it was intentional. I looked in the direction of the cashier in the store and gave a smile and a thumbs up.

Every drive is an adventure with fans, but this was a first for me.
    As much I despise BTTF jokes, I have to give credit to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    As much I despise BTTF jokes, I have to give credit to that guy.
    Yes, that’s a cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC_Farmer View Post
    It was fun seeing him so excited about it. It reminded me of the couple of times that I saw a Delorean before I had one of my own.
    That’s so awesome. 3 of us took a cruise around North Carolina and stopped at a strip mall in Edenton for a food break. A woman came over and just could not get over the fact that 3 DeLoreans had shown up in her quiet little city. I let her sit in my car (which she did....several times over the two hours or so we were there) while her kids took her picture. She stayed for quite some time, mostly just staring in awe. It was too cool.

My VIN:    4665

So I stop for lottery tickets today at a retailer (ok, liquor store) I had not planned to stop at. Moments later a car parks next to me and a young man gets out and tells me that his father died an hour ago. He went on to share that he and his father used to watch all the BTTF movies together, and this was his all-time favorite car.

He just stood looking at the car and cried. He said thank you and stated it had to be a sign, turned and went into the store. After sharing that experience with him I was too moved to do anything else but go home.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36