FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Original A-Car DeLorean Time Machine Restoration Update!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDM47 View Post
    I was banned from commenting on the TMR facebook page just for asking a question. I think this is absolutely ridiculous considering that my question was nothing inappropriate. My question was why the eyebrowing on the fascia of the A-car hadn't been fixed. Considering how thorough the restoration was otherwise, I'm not sure why this was neglected, nor why I was banned for asking about this. I have seen other comments from other people disappearing as well if they say anything besides "AMAZING!!!", etc.
    I think its ridiculous you are this worried about it.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I'm not "worried", I was curious so I asked a question and was banned for it. I don't see why I was banned, but I would still like to know the answer to my question.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I'm not "worried", I was curious so I asked a question and was banned for it. I don't see why I was banned, but I would still like to know the answer to my question.
    Well I can't speak for the rest of the community here, but I can certainly guess....my guess is nobody here gives a flying crap.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Well I can't speak for the rest of the community here, but I can certainly guess....my guess is nobody here gives a flying crap.
    I give a flying crap.

Considering the magnitude of this restoration, if there is indeed eyebrowing I too would wonder why it hadn't been addressed. Obviously it's not supposed to be there. A project of this size? I'm sure they would address both the BTTF stuff and the DeLorean itself.

That being said, looking at this picture I do not see any eyebrowing. There is a slight dip in the center of the fascia but there does not appear to actually be any eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I give a flying crap.

Considering the magnitude of this restoration, if there is indeed eyebrowing I too would wonder why it hadn't been addressed. Obviously it's not supposed to be there. A project of this size? I'm sure they would address both the BTTF stuff and the DeLorean itself.

That being said, looking at this picture I do not see any eyebrowing. There is a slight dip in the center of the fascia but there does not appear to actually be any eyebrows.

I suppose I meant the general waviness of the fascia, but I do see some eyebrowing on the left headlight. For such an important car I think they could have straightened it out a bit more. In the second photo below, the fascia is completely straight, so it should have been restored like that. Considering how much effort was put into the car, even going as far as to learn how the original nuclear reactor bulbs were coated blue in order to cool the temperature, it just seems like they could have addressed a common problem as well.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...27487028_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...92876175_o.jpg

Wow what a magnificent job on the A car.

Congrats to all that donated parts and worked on the car.

It doesn't get any better than a Delorean Time Machine under glass.

Just like the Hotwheels Time Machine at Comic Con.

I have to ask is the car at Universal Florida next to be restored?

Ed

My VIN:    4534

I saw the waves and I wondered the same thing but looking at some images on Google those waves appear to be what the car looked like during filming. If you're going for screen accurate then keeping the wavy fascia is correct.

I thought the car on the backlot at Florida Universal was just a promo car done for the park? I can't see them spending any cash on it.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    I saw the waves and I wondered the same thing but looking at some images on Google those waves appear to be what the car looked like during filming. If you're going for screen accurate then keeping the wavy fascia is correct.

I thought the car on the backlot at Florida Universal was just a promo car done for the park? I can't see them spending any cash on it.
    The Florida car was used for the train wheelie stunt and also was the one seen on the tracks after coming back to 1985 (but the one actually hit by the train was a different car).

Quote Originally Posted by BTTF-1 View Post
    I have to ask is the car at Universal Florida next to be restored?
    I hope not, the Oxnard Car should have been run over by the train in place of the B car when Part III was filmed. The best thing that car ever had was after filming when it wore the original Goodyear Eagle GT's and wheels that was on the B car in part I & II. Unfortunately the tires anyway where discarded the last time this car was "restored".
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

The Florida car was used for the train wheelie stunt and also was the one seen on the tracks after coming back to 1985 (but the one actually hit by the train was a different car).
    It's true, there is still a bunch of extra bracketed connected to the frame in the back end for that stunt. What's the deal with that car right now? I remember around the time of the DeLorean car show a bunch of people went to Universal and the car had just taken out of the midway.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast