FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Original A-Car DeLorean Time Machine Restoration Update!

My VIN:    6125

Here is a new video from the Discovery Channel that covers the restoration of the A-car. It includes some never before seen photos of the car during the restoration process and also has new interviews with Bob Gale, Joe Walser, Terry Matalas, and other members of the time machine restoration team. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlyYH...utu.be&t=7m42s

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks for sharing

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    -Yes, the engine sounds were dubbed in Porche 928 with holes drilled in the muffler.

Attachment 18274
    Do u remember the source of this info? Because the last I remember it was still being disputed because no one could come up with a source this being the deciding factor. There was a post back in 2010 on BTTF.com with the same data, and before our site crashed, someone else disagreed about the origin of the 928 story, stating that someone had mentioned it once as a possibility of the car SOUNDING like a 928 with an exhaust leak because they had recently heard one, but with no real proof as to the sound truly being that.

As far as I know, there has been no reputable source with that listed as the ACTUAL sound used, just someone taking a cue from an internet post. Im just curious.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I've never found a source that specified what engine it was, only that it was dubbed over with the sound of a V8.

So anyone who claims to know what engine it's from is almost certainly talking out of their ass.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    6125

TMR had access to all of the raw audio files from the sound FX tracks used in the film and the naming convention of the track titles were used to verify the engine sounds were from a 928. I'll double check but I'm 99% sure on this. The file name was something like eng_928 or something to that effect. I also remember reading a transcript of an interview where several members of the production crew were making fun of the car's performance during filming and how they had to dub in the sounds of a more powerful engine. The Porsche 928 is mentioned specifically and there was a note how the stock 928 exhaust still wasn't loud enough so holes were drilled into the muffler.

The sounds for the flux capacitor, time circuits, plutonium meters, keypad noises, etc were integrated into the new electronics also.... I think Joe mentions this in the Discovery channel video. So when you turn on the time circuits or punch in a date on the keypad you're hearing all the correct clean audio files.

Here's some additional food for thought on the 928 exhaust sound:
    http://youtu.be/qFM2r744U-w?t=31s
    Last edited by Mark D; 05-10-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5