FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DMC seen in recent "Classic Car Rescue" episode

DMC seen in recent "Classic Car Rescue" episode

While watching the British reality show "Classic Car Rescue" I saw a DeLorean in the background of a few scenes. This was in the Ford Mustang episode that aired on October 15, 2012. There was no discussion of the DeLorean during the show, and the below screengrabs were the only scenes in which the car was visible.

dmc1.jpg

dmc2.jpg

dmc3.jpg

dmc4.jpg

dmc5.jpg

I don't know where co-host Mario Pacione has his shop or what it's called (the name of the shop was not mentioned during the show's six-episode run), but this episode revealed that Mario's hometown is Toronto.

I wonder if the owner knows their car's been on TV?
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5482

I'm always looking for Ds on these kinds of shows as well. I've spotted a couple over the past year or so, the most recent was on Chasing Classic Cars.
    Jeff

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

As an FYI I have been talking to the producer of this show and they have indeed done a DeLorean as one programme in the second series. It's due to air in the UK May-June time. Not sure if it's the one in the background of the screen shots or not.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

During British Car Day in September between Oakville and Burlington, Ontario, a number of Ontario DeLorean Owner's Club members were interviewed, including myself. We all talked about the car, ownership...the usual fluff fare for a show like this. I believe this is the show we were interviewed for. It's on premium HD channel Discovery World in Canada, for those needing to add it to their cable or satellite package before the episode airs. No idea what channel airs it in the US. The first episode of the second series features a Porsche 928. We are scheduled as the fifth of the eight series 2 episodes.
    Last edited by Cory W; 04-19-2014 at 05:57 AM.

Yes that's the one, I understand it has now landed in the UK from Canada and I'm supposed to be going over to view it at some point. If I understand correctly it was restored in Canada? prior to being shipped over hear for some more filming.
    All the episodes in this series should probably be available on Ch5 catch up service via the internet.

Another very good series is starting on our CH4 on Easter Day called 'For the love of cars' starring Phillip Glenister. These are also doing a programme on the DeLorean, though at the moment I don't know where in the series it will fall. It should be a good series for any classic car fan to watch and should also be available to view from CH4's website. This is the trailer for the series:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyPn6BTCoto

And the forum link for the programme: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/vie...hp?f=47&t=4949

Chris
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Yes that's the one, I understand it has now landed in the UK from Canada and I'm supposed to be going over to view it at some point. If I understand correctly it was restored in Canada? prior to being shipped over hear for some more filming.
    All the episodes in this series should probably be available on Ch5 catch up service via the internet.
    I am not sure where they found it, or where it is now. I learned that most or all of the cars are given away via phone contest there (extra charges apply!), but we were only involved as far as the "owner perspective" interviews. I hope they don't make us look too crazy

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Another very good series is starting on our CH4 on Easter Day called 'For the love of cars' starring Phillip Glenister. These are also doing a programme on the DeLorean, though at the moment I don't know where in the series it will fall. It should be a good series for any classic car fan to watch and should also be available to view from CH4's website. This is the trailer for the series:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyPn6BTCoto

And the forum link for the programme: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/vie...hp?f=47&t=4949

Chris
    I'll be looking for that on Canadian TV if my proxy doesn't let me see it on Channel 4. Cars aside, I've been a fan of Phillip since 'Life on Mars'. Nothing like a bit of Gene Hunt for a laugh.

I am not sure where they found it, or where it is now
    No neither do I at the moment, I will try to find out when (if) I get to see it! Though I understand it was origionally painted red.
    I learned that most or all of the cars are given away via phone contest there (extra charges apply!),
    Yes that's corrrect either a premium rate phone call or text entry. I think at about £2.00 per text entry
    I hope they don't make us look too crazy
    I'm sure you will be fine, compared to the antics of the presenters!

Chris

This will air on UK CH5 on the 19th May 2014 at 7pm, for those who wish to see it!

The one starring Phillip Glenister air's on 25th May 2014 at 8pm on CH4 This one is called 'For The Love of Cars' and has had good reviews so far.

Chris

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

It's funny how they've deliberately pulled the car cover back so you could see what's underneath. That's no accident.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    1776

I saw "For the Love of Cars" last week when I was over in England on vacation. The featured car was a Triumph Stag and they treated this oft-maligned car with a lot of respect. If they give the D a similar treatment, we're in for a treat.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast