FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Relocating to Colorado Springs, CO

My VIN:    16665

Relocating to Colorado Springs, CO

After 15 years in the Carolinas, I am now relocating to Colorado Springs, CO. Do we have any owners / clubs out this direction?

Jason

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Now you surface! I thought you were out of the game. I had a huge meet at my house in October with 14 cars present and a vendor. I lost your contact info and couldn't get in touch with you. There are some guys out in Colorado, not sure what area though. There is a club member that moved from there, here to NC. Perhaps he can chime in. Good luck with your move.

My VIN:    2245

I'm in Colorado Springs, I got here in September.

My VIN:    16665

Moving to Colorado Springs....

I haven't been a very good Delorean Community contributor over the last 10 years in the Carolinas, as my job keeps me traveling 2000 hours a year. Plus my Delorean has been in the "shop" for the last 6 months having all the little things upgraded- Suspension, window motors, steering bushing, water pump, antenna, dozens of little items.

I recently accepted a new position at Peterson Air Force Base (Northern Command / NORAD), with my company, and will be moving full-time this spring. Until then I fly home on Fridays, and back on Sundays.

BTW- 14 cars- sounds like a great time!!!!!!

Jason Perkins
    [email protected]

My VIN:    16867

Moving to Colorado

I'm glad to hear of someone moving from NC to CO. You see, it balances out my recent move from CO to NC. There is a really good group of D owners in CO. The group, Rocky Mountain DeLorean Owners, is not confined to anyone city. Most of the members live on the front range . . . .Ft. Collins, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs. They are an informal group but very helpful to each other. For your contact, I'd suggest Dan Haney. He lives in one of the Denver suburbs. Email him: [email protected]

You'll enjoy the group and there are some wonderful 'twisties' to drive your DeLorean over.

Dick Ryan, The Rad Dad
    Vin 16867

My VIN:    5557

You guys in Colorado need to hold some more meets. I'm all alone up here in South Dakota. Dont mind coming down to meet other owners.

My VIN:    2245

I live on Peterson, I work near the NORCOM building. They tell me there's another DeLorean on base, I haven't seen it yet.

My VIN:    5185

Club(s):   (RMDG)

Welcome to Colorado! We have a fairly active and informal group that meets from March to October for car shows and group drives etc. and we meet year-round for tech sessions. We plan to meet and work on the brakes and suspension of one of our members in January. We often meet in my garage in SE Denver (Greenwood Village) for tech sessions. Give us a shout.
    Attached Images
    Peter
    Denver
    VIN 5185

My VIN:    5185

Club(s):   (RMDG)

Ruben, I have had my D down to Peterson a few times in connection with chamber of commerce visits to support CONG. Last year was a live-fire exercise and this year was part of a BossLift event, which was very cool because they gave us a drive at Pikes Peak International Raceway in the National Guard Indy Car two-seater. Attached are photos of my both car and the National Guard Indy car. The Indy car was a tad faster.
    Attached Images
    Peter
    Denver
    VIN 5185

My VIN:    03254

Welcome To Colorado!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperkins View Post
    I recently accepted a new position at Peterson Air Force Base (Northern Command / NORAD), with my company, and will be moving full-time this spring. Until then I fly home on Fridays, and back on Sundays.

BTW- 14 cars- sounds like a great time!!!!!!

Jason Perkins
    [email protected]
    Welcome to Colorado Jason,

I did the work in someplace else all week... Houston.... fly home to Denver on the weekend routine for a year and 6 months about 10 years ago. I enjoyed it for a while but it does get old.

Our club is fairly active, we get together for lots of events each year or just for informal tech sessions fairly regularly. In fact we have decided to do the Colorado Springs St. Patricks Day Parade this year instead of Denver! We are also putting together a list of shows in and around the Colorado Mountains for the up coming season to fill the schedule as it were. We are also discussing a trip to the Western slope to visit the Gateway Museum http://www.gatewayautomuseum.com/ the best part of that trip will be the 55 miles of smooth twisties it takes to get there!

There are a couple of less active owners in Springs but maybe now that you are around, you can get them involved again. I also have a good buddy who is a pilot in the National Guard and is the Flight Safety office for the C130 Fire Suppression team and is at Peterson field! So I get to Springs a lot! Not to mention my mother-in-law is a Colorado Springs resident.

I will talk to our guys about what it takes to get you on our regular mailing list so you can be aware of what we are doing and what is going on! I don't spend a lot of time on the DML ever since it crashed, much of its best stuff was lost and still not recovered.

fyi- Everything you had done to your car we could handle in pretty short order, a couple of years ago we decided to become more self reliant not only because of the distance between us and the Delorean Service Centers but also cost and we don't exactly trust our local Delorean vendor (Haglin Automotive in Boulder, Co). His work is average at best, and we've had to redo things every once in a while after a car comes back from his shop. Because of this we have become extremely profficient in not only the routine stuff but also, brakes, suspensions, exhuast, interior work and everything inbetween. We even have a couple of guys who are really good at electronics who have helped us work through many inherent Lucas problems... "Lucas electronics... Because a Gentleman doesn't drive at night!"

Next week a group of us are gathering at my home to work on a non-Delorean project. My wife has a 1969 Firebird and we will be dropping in a newly built 455 ci Pontiac Motor that I had built. If you are interested send me a note and I will give you the details. I am on the south end of the metro Denver in Littleton about 60 miles from Peterson Field.

I look forward to meeeting you when ever that may be!
    Dan Haney

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast