FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blinker Bulb

My VIN:    15880

Blinker Bulb

My passenger side front blinker went out and need to replace it. Unfortunately, I have flux bands in the way of being able to unscrew the lens cover. I'm in the process of rigging up a tool to unscrew the two screws holding it in place. Are the blinker bulbs standard bulbs that I can pick up at Autozone or the like?

I didn't see one, but is there any way to reach the bulb from behind or underneath?

My VIN:    06960

The front blinker is a standard 1157 dual-filament bayonet base bulb.

I do not think you'll have any luck accessing it other than unscrewing the lens. Have you tried a snake driver?

Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmycxc View Post
    My passenger side front blinker went out and need to replace it. Unfortunately, I have flux bands in the way of being able to unscrew the lens cover. I'm in the process of rigging up a tool to unscrew the two screws holding it in place. Are the blinker bulbs standard bulbs that I can pick up at Autozone or the like?

I didn't see one, but is there any way to reach the bulb from behind or underneath?

Yeah, I just looked at your photos. Your definitly going to need to remove the Band.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 11-27-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3299

Even if he used a snake driver, that lens has to come all the way out of that front bumper to get to the bulb.

You'll have to remove/temporarily move out of the way the flux bands.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

yeah, I managed to get the screws out, but you are right about the flux bands....they must come off.

OK, so I got the flux band off, got the bulbs out and they both looked fine (I only had trouble with the passenger side blinker light). I swapped the bulbs and both blinkers now work.....HOWEVER, the fog light on the passenger side does not work.

So Blinkers work on both sides
    Hazards work on both sides
    Fog light only works on Driver side

Swapped the bulbs and the same thing happens...only the passenger fog light does not work.

Any ideas?

My VIN:    3299

I looked at the pictures of your car, and I honestly don't see any foglights. Did the foglights work right before you swapped the bulbs?

Did you change both the drivers and passengers side bulbs or just the passengers bulb? You did put an 1157 bulb in right - NOT an 1156 ?
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    I looked at the pictures of your car, and I honestly don't see any foglights. Did the foglights work right before you swapped the bulbs?

Did you change both the drivers and passengers side bulbs or just the passengers bulb? You did put an 1157 bulb in right - NOT an 1156 ?
    Its tough to really see but the fog lights are on in the one picture on my website. I was working on it last night and didn't have time to get to the auto parts store. I didn't see anything wrong with the passenger side bulb so I just swapped the existing bulbs from driver side to passenger side and there was no difference. I'm going to pick up new bulbs today and replace both just for the hell of it. Weird that one would work and not the other.

Is there a completely separate wire that powers the fog light vs the blinker? Only thing I can think of is if there is, then there must be a short somewhere between the headlight switch and the bulb. I only see two wires, which I imagine are low and high beam.

I'll give an update after I replace the bulbs with brand new ones.

My VIN:    06960

Your not talking about the "parking light" are you? Does your fog light turn on with a single push of your headlight button? If so, it is not a fog light.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Your not talking about the "parking light" are you? Does your fog light turn on with a single push of your headlight button? If so, it is not a fog light.
    Sorry, I was calling the amber lights below the headlights (same as the blinkers) the fog light. If I push the headlight button once, the front driver side light will come on, but the passenger side light will not. Push it twice, the headlights come on, but passenger parking light is still out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast