FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blinker Bulb

My VIN:    3299

Did you replace both bulbs now ?

Those "fog lights" are typically referring to as the front bumper running lights or front turn signals.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    15880

Yes, I replaced both running lights (blinkers) bulbs with brand new 1157 and I am in the same situation.

My VIN:    3299

Firs thing I would do is get a circuit tester like this:

Circuit-Tester-PTCT0730-.jpg

You need to use that and see if the bulb socket is getting power. To use the tool, the clip needs to be connected to a good known ground. Quickest one I know of in that area is for the trunk dome light. To get to it, the front grille needs to be removed. To get it out, there are "finger slits" on the sides of the grille - that's where you can get the best grip. I personally used a scredriver as a pry-bar up against the sides (not on the glass) of my headlights and gently wiggled back and forth.

Don't get frustrated taking the grille off. If it hasn't come off in a long time (read: "EVER"), it can take a bit of time, strength, and willpower. Just be patient and you'll get it! Once the grille is off, there will be two wire plugs behind the driver's side of the grille - one purple (I think) and one that is purple and white. The purple/white one is the ground. Clip your circuit tester to the purple/white one, and make sure you clipped it to the side of the wire that goes to the rest of the car - NOT the side that goes to the dome light.

Something occurred to me as I wrote this: you may not be able to "clip" to that ground - the wire may have a plastic male/female end on one side. If so, create a jumper wire and clip your circuit tester to one side of the jumper wire and the other end of your jumper wire to the ground.

Anyone know of an easier ground for him to connect to rather than having to do all that ?
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Try swap swapping the bulb sockets from left to right and see if the problem moves with the socket assemblies. the socket harness pigtail is only about 8 inches long too it's connector.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2