Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How To: Detail tip of the month...Clean your wheels in 1/3 the time

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Sold out...

Cheers
    Steve
    DMCH probably bought them up. They will put a DMC sticker on them and resell for 12.99 each. Look for them on the website by spring.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    DMCH probably bought them up. They will put a DMC sticker on them and resell for 12.99 each. Look for them on the website by spring.

Add to that: They'll be sent out as a special gift with each binnacle purchase.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    6125

Pretty great idea with the brush! I may have to stop down to the local autozone and pick up one of these.

My VIN:    6313

I bought one at the start of the Summer, looked perfect for the D's wheels. It worked okay, but the 'fingers' bent a little too easy to get a good scrub going. I still use it but for serious grim I've gone with those wheel cleaning sprays that smell like hydrochloric acid. Of course you can always go with both.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    10084

Didn't dmch make a brush specific for the wheels?
    Michael Todd
    St. Louis

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    I bought one at the start of the Summer, looked perfect for the D's wheels. It worked okay, but the 'fingers' bent a little too easy to get a good scrub going. I still use it but for serious grim I've gone with those wheel cleaning sprays that smell like hydrochloric acid. Of course you can always go with both.
    Mine is pretty stout. I guess there are different maunfacturers for these things. I have found the best way is to bend the ends so the very tip is pointed slightly at an angle. This way you can really bear down on it without it bending and it really hits the bottom of the fin corners.

The real secret is once you get them clean, keep them clean. Don't let them get so dirty that it takes a ton of elbow grease and an hour to clean them.

I always have people ask me how many hours I spend keeping my cars clean. I answer "The easiest way to keep it clean is to never let it get dirty" Once a car is detailed( I mean really detailed), a light going over is all you need to keep it looking factory fresh.
    Last edited by Michael; 12-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    We don't have Advanced Auto Parts out this way so now I don't have to spend time searching to find it online.
    For those of us in the West it seems that O'Reilly's/Kragen Auto carries this nifty item. LINK: Carrand Brush - O'Reilly

O'Reilly is re-branding not only its ex-Kragen stores, but also Checker, Schuck's and Murray's auto parts stores over much of the USA so check those stores.

Also found it listed at NAPA Auto Parts, which is nationwide. LINK: Carrand Brush - NAPA

Would not have thought of rearranging those 3 "lug nut" loops into a 3-up parallel spoke brushing configuration. Well done, Michael.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

I just use something like this: http://www.drbeasleys.com/wheel-brush.html# It's quick and effective, especially when used in combination with a wheel cleaner spray/foam product.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    1019

I found a lugnut brush at pepboys last week.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast