FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex's Step-By Step, Semi-Full Restoration, One-Stop Shop Car Blog

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Here's one I did on removing and restoring the front and rear fascias, along with installing anti-eyebrow strips. Enjoy!

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspo...front-and.html

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Here's one I did on removing and restoring the front and rear fascias, along with installing anti-eyebrow strips. Enjoy!

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspo...front-and.html
    Nice post.

Did your painter also repaint the black bumper area too or is that the original rubber still showing as they were manufactured?

Just curious because I'm getting ready to do the same thing and wondering if there are any goo techniques for restoring the original black. I've heard wet sanding etc...

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Nice post.

Did your painter also repaint the black bumper area too or is that the original rubber still showing as they were manufactured?

Just curious because I'm getting ready to do the same thing and wondering if there are any goo techniques for restoring the original black. I've heard wet sanding etc...

Cheers
    Steve
    Hi Steve. Thanks for the compliment. I talked about it with my painter regarding what we wanted to do with the black bumper. He could tell that it was originally unpainted. After seeing an example of how it would come out if we painted it, I decided to go with that. And I'm all about keeping it looking original and stock. I'm very particular with that although I really think the painted look stays true to a stock look. I've read all the other posts regarding wet sanding and the like and I think in the long run, having it painted will last longer and look better. In the end, I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between one that was original unpainted but restored and another that was freshly painted. It really came out amazing and I'm very happy with it. They offer a lifetime warranty, too.

I'll add a few more pics on the blog right now, too.

Alex Abdalla

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Hi Steve. Thanks for the compliment. I talked about it with my painter regarding what we wanted to do with the black bumper. He could tell that it was originally unpainted. After seeing an example of how it would come out if we painted it, I decided to go with that. And I'm all about keeping it looking original and stock. I'm very particular with that although I really think the painted look stays true to a stock look. I've read all the other posts regarding wet sanding and the like and I think in the long run, having it painted will last longer and look better. In the end, I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between one that was original unpainted but restored and another that was freshly painted. It really came out amazing and I'm very happy with it. They offer a lifetime warranty, too.

I'll add a few more pics on the blog right now, too.
    Thanks, Alex.

I appreciate the follow up.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

This is an in-depth entry on the restoration of the Back To The Future 'A' car that took place over the summer. I got into the action about 1/3 of the way through and lent a hand primarily with restoring the actual car-side of things but helped a little bit on the time circuits, too.

The Time Machine Restoration group are a great bunch of guys that put a ton of hours into the restoration. Bob Gale himself was very pleased with the end result. From the pictures I included in the entry, you'll see why. If you get a chance, take a look at the car currently on display at Universal Studios Hollywood, across from the Transformers ride.

The entry contains pictures of the original flux capacitor, time circuits, the 'A' car completely gutted, the engine compartment, putting a new windshield on the car, installation of the wiring and time circuits, etc. TONS of pictures that I'm sure everyone will like.

For those of you that haven't already 'liked' them on Facebook, take a look at the Time Machine Restoration FB page: https://www.facebook.com/timemachinerestoration

And for my blog link itself, here you go:

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspo...storation.html

Edit:
    Sorry everyone. I had to take it down. "Too soon"?

But be on the lookout for some material soon to be released by the TMR team regarding the restoration. And more stuff coming down the pike on my end, too. I have lots of projects going on right now!

Best,
    Alex
    Last edited by Tamir A.; 04-26-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Had to take down link and explain

Alex Abdalla

My VIN:    4534

That article is awesome. I loved seeing the car without all her time machine bits.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Best article I have read on this topic. Much easier to follow than the FB page
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Here's an entry on completely tearing the interior out of the car, along with the dash and binnacle. Also some info on re-dying the interior pieces.

I also included pictures of what the old QAC in Irvine/Santa Ana CA looks like today. If you've seen a Home Depot before, you won't be too surprised!

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspo...ving-dash.html

Alex Abdalla

Here's one on installing DPNW's door lock actuators and the digital door lock module. I also included troubleshooting the cold start system since I had a problem with it.

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspo...s-digital.html

Alex Abdalla

I just finished up an entry on DMC-Midwest's Open House from a couple weeks ago. Enjoy!

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspo...pen-house.html

Alex Abdalla

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast