FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Alex's Step-By Step, Semi-Full Restoration, One-Stop Shop Car Blog

My VIN:    2222

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCH) (DCUK)

I see some of the pictures showing up, so you must be doing something right. Looking forward to the site being fully restored. Great site and great information. You don't have pictures/ info related to window regulator replacement do you?

Hey Alex, I feel like we lost the best Delorean blog out there. You did such an amazing job it's really sad that it has been down for so long. Any chance you will ever have time to relink your photos again?
    I know websites are time consuming but i think your blog something special. Don't give up buddy. Is there anything that can be done? Anything we can do to help you?

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by zimvsdib View Post
    Hey Alex, I feel like we lost the best Delorean blog out there. You did such an amazing job it's really sad that it has been down for so long. Any chance you will ever have time to relink your photos again?
    I know websites are time consuming but i think your blog something special. Don't give up buddy. Is there anything that can be done? Anything we can do to help you?
    Hey there guys,

Thanks again for the compliments. Between selling a property, buying a new property, getting engaged, doing some construction in the new property, and getting everything in order (along with going to work), I've been really backed up lately. But I haven't forgotten about this and I still have ALL of the pics that I've taken along the way.

The deal is with blogspot. Very user-friendly when you're starting from level one but a complete pain in the ass to go back in and fix all of this. The big thing is that all of the text is still there. That was by far the hardest part. I think what I might do, is cut out all of the text out of each entry, re-submit all of the pics, and then cut and paste the text back in. Re-inserting the pics where they used to go isn't as simple as it sounds, I've found out. It's incredibly tedious but I'm very aware of how much my blog has meant to a lot of people and I WILL get this straightened out.

I'll tinker around with it this week and see what I can figure out and report back.

Best,
    Alex

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by durech View Post
    I see some of the pictures showing up, so you must be doing something right. Looking forward to the site being fully restored. Great site and great information. You don't have pictures/ info related to window regulator replacement do you?
    Sorry, my car came with the new window regulators already installed (which are awesome, by the way). Excellent upgrade. But I've been inside the doors plenty of times and the install doesn't look incredibly difficult. Making sure each regulator is sitting in the proper spot inside the door (or not) seems to be the common denominator of people having issues with the install.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

This is great news. I can't wait

Hi Alex. Any luck getting the pictures up?

Thanks.

My VIN:    4870

Quote Originally Posted by zimvsdib View Post
    HUGE + 1.. One of the best tools out there.
    Vin# 4870 - Rebuilt PRV motor - custom seats - fuzzy dash and stock everything else

-Chris

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6