FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Wings-A-Loft Ground Wire Question for Basic Remote Door Launcher System

My VIN:    3299

Question Wings-A-Loft Ground Wire Question for Basic Remote Door Launcher System

Hey everyone,

So I am installing Toby's Door Launchers, and it's the weekend so I figured I'd ask here until I can get to Toby on Monday. So far, everything is going fine; I am currently wiring everything up to the controller/DMCH door module/relays, and I had a question. Obviously, this will be geared towards those who have installed the kit.

So, third bullet under "Remote Controller Central Processor", it says "The black wire should be connected to a good quality ground...."

My question - there are two black wires: 1. Going from the back of the main controller black box... 2. The other is coming off of a wiring loom that consists of two wires (a red power wire with an inline 2A fuse and then a black ground wire). Which black wire are the instructions referring to - the one by itself on the main black box controller or the black wire that is part of the two wire loom ?

And even then, once one of these two black ground wires is used, where does the other one go... ?

Thank you!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Looks like I got it. Remote lock and unlock so far have been installed. I used the ground that was coupled with the red power wire.

Does the black wire all by itself on the controller serve a purpose, or is it just an alternate ground that we can use if we choose?

Yes, I know the lighting and the video being sideways sucks. Sorry =/.

DMCTalk.org Moderator

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

If the black wire is coming off the module then I believe you are seeing the antenna. Just leave that alone and stretched out over the box.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

System fully installed.

*happy sigh*

DMCTalk.org Moderator