FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: How to add photos from your computer to a post

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

How to add photos from your computer to a post

These are some basic instructions on how to add photos from your computer to a post on DMCTalk. (adding photos from another website is similar but different, and will be covered in another thread)

This assumes that you have already taken your photos and uploaded/saved them on your computer (usually in a folder called ‘Pictures’ or My Pictures’), and can find them again.

Whether you are starting a new thread or replying to an existing one, the steps are the same

Firstly, type the text you desire in the usual text box. Then scroll down the page and click on the “Manage Attachments” button:

This will open a new smaller window. (Note that in my example below, the window shows all the recent pictures that I have uploaded - please ignore) Click on the “Add Files” button:

Then click on “Select Files”

A window will open that is similar to your normal Windows Explorer. At this point, I have to assume that you can navigate and find where you saved the photos.

If the photos in your folder show up as a list of just names, I like to select this icon and change the display from “Details” to “Large Icons” to change the display to mini-pictures, called thumbnails. I find this makes selecting the correct photos easier.

Select your desired photos (you can add as many as you like. You can also repeat these steps later to add more photos) buy simply double-clicking on the photo, or single-clicking and hitting ‘save’. They will appear in the box as a list. When you are done selecting the photos that you would like to use, click on “Upload Files”:

Thumbnails of the uploaded photos will appear on the bottom space. Make sure they are all checked (with a tick mark) and click “Place Inline”. Then click “Done”:

Your post should now look something like this:

Note that the photos will appear wherever you were last typing in the text box. In the above photo, they are right at the end of the words, which is a little odd looking. By moving the cursor to the end of the sentence (just after the last parenthesis) and hitting the ENTER key a couple of times, the pictures will drop down onto the next line:

And you are DONE.
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3028

Is there a reason why I can't use my iPad to post pics? It seems to not recognize my photo albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Is there a reason why I can't use my iPad to post pics? It seems to not recognize my photo albums.
    You'll have to do it through Tapatalk.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    You'll have to do it through Tapatalk.
    I post pics using my ipad and I never use Tapatalk. I just upload them to imgur first.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I post pics using my ipad and I never use Tapatalk. I just upload them to imgur first.
    You lost me? Can you explain?

My VIN:    5311

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    You lost me? Can you explain?
    Go to http://imgur.com/ and upload your image, then copy the resulting URL and put it inside IMG tags in your DMCTalk post.

Depending on the image size, I'll usually select "Large Thumbnail" before grabbing the URL since the images are usually too large to shove into a post on their own.
    - Chris

what

ULpics.jpg

Click for larger view of shortcut for above.

My VIN:    6125

I prefer to save images to my albums in my DMCTalk profile and then use the BBcode link to post them rather than attaching them to the post.

How an image looks when you attach it:

2012-09-26_19-40-31_288.jpg

How it looks when you open it from your album and copy/paste the BBcode text

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by mjdehlin View Post
    I prefer to save images to my albums in my DMCTalk profile and then use the BBcode link to post them rather than attaching them to the post.

How an image looks when you attach it:

How it looks when you open it from your album and copy/paste the BBcode text
    So do I, as it views well on a monitor, but I was just trying to provide a basic how-to for some new members who aren't very forum-savvy and just want to get a few pics posted.

Like me, apparently :

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    ULpics.jpg

Click for larger view of shortcut for above.
    Learn something new everyday.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"