FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Rear Harness Cover Section

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Rear Harness Cover Section

Has anyone tried this? Any pictures? http://store.delorean.com/p-10477-cover-assy-ss.aspx
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I bought one at DCS 2010, still haven't put it on. I tend to buy parts and never install them. Strange, I know.

I got the plastic version and installed it on 3416.

It wasn't a huge difference, but it does latch somewhat more consistently than the original. Better than my old worn out one. The stainless one is supposed to be identical as far as fit, haven't asked anyone who has one though.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I bought mine 2-3 yrs ago. It looks great and fits a little better than the original. Since it's Metal it does not flex. It just clears the corner of the air box for installation and removal. It is heavy, which is to be expected. When the latch is locked down, it essentially hangs from the top corner. I have had the latch pop open a couple times over the years. So you need to pay close attention when installing it. All that happens is the cover drops down about an inch and remains hanging from the hook. One of these days I'll install a safety pin clip thru the hole in the latch lever. This will ensure it never pops open by accident.

IMG_0829.jpg IMG_0830.jpg IMG_0831.jpg IMG_0832.jpg

The flash washes out the stainless, it looks better in natural daylight.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 12-20-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

FWIW - The plastic replacement ones are pretty much garbage. I ordered one from Houston and it was so misshapen that the bottom portion is nowhere near catching the lower latch. At first I just though it was overall smaller than my original.
    I managed to fidget with it enough and then used one of the fuel lines, which conveniently passes by the face of it, to hold it in place.

Meh. Maybe I just got a bad one. I didn't bother calling DMC to see if they'd send annother - I'm sure they would have but it wasn't worht the effort. Looks nice though.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!