FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF car discrepancies

My VIN:    6679

I don't remember hearing the radiator fans blasting away

Chris

My VIN:    6125

Here are a few other fun screen grabs from Part II. You can clearly see Doc's stunt double driving the DeLorean in the hoverboard scene where Marty gets out of the car and attempts to steal the Almanac from Biff.

"Doc" covers his face as the camera pans by.

The B car (later hit by the train at the end of part III) was used for this shot and you can see that the time circuit displays have numeric months and also have the colors of the displays installed with the yellow and red interchanged. The B car interior was this way throughout the entire filming of the trilogy.

You can also see a set of functional wheels underneath the car used to make it look like the car was hovering. The real wheels and tires were removed and a fake set of fold down wheels were installed. If you're familiar at all with the front suspension on a DeLorean you can spot the lower control arm and brake rotor w/ caliper sticking out below the fake hover wheel.

Last edited by Mark D; 01-02-2013 at 12:01 AM.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    I don't remember hearing the radiator fans blasting away

Bad grounds or alternator, too or maybe the voltage scale was adjusted for jiggawatts?
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

The C car had no engine

when they rigged up the 95mph speedo they probably glued the engine temp and voltage needles in place... Or the voltage gauge is reading the 12v DC being supplied to the car from an external source.

Here's another fun one...

In many of the shots in the first film where you can see Marty driving the DeLorean.... there is no driver's seat. It was removed so you could see all the props better on the interior bulkhead.

Here's a shot of MJF in the C car racing towards the clock tower. No head rest visible in any front view shots while MJF is 'driving' in the C car.

But just a few moments earlier he was sitting stationary in one of the other cars (with a seat) and you can see the head rest.
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-02-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjdehlin View Post
    Here's another fun one...

In many of the shots in the first film where you can see Marty driving the DeLorean.... there is no driver's seat. It was removed so you could see all the props better on the interior bulkhead.

Here's a shot of MJF in the C car racing towards the clock tower. No head rest visible in any front view shots while MJF is 'driving' in the C car.
    [shot 1]

But just a few moments earlier he was sitting stationary in one of the other cars (with a seat) and you can see the head rest.
    [shot 2]
    Something else I noticed there: the white bar graph thing to the right of MJF's head in the first shot looks like it's entirely absent from the second shot, even though it is brighter than the flux capacitor casing that is visible in both shots. Could be related to the addition of a headrest.

And holy balls, I have never seen a more unflattering shot of MJF than in shot 2...

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

God this is a geeky thread..... I like it.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

ZOMG i never noticed the smaller wheels the car is actually riding on during the marty/hoverboard scene. Cool stuff!

Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    6679

I'm back from holidays so, given the great shots being included here, have quickly taken some of the items I previously mentioned.

Plus a bonus one - a little annoyance I have with the hoverboard tunnel escape sequence (may not show up here due to reduced resolution, but you can see wheels)...
    Chris

Gents

Thanks for sharing all of this. Geez I am always amazed at what little I know about the BTTF movies. The details all of you spot are truly amazing. Thanks MJdehlin for the speedo shots.

Here’s a couple of questions?

The A car is being restored. The B car was hurt by the train. The C car had no engine. The car at Universal Japan is a replica. The Screen Used restored car was a VW with a Delorean body. Then there were the Flying Models and the fiberglass cars.

So the car at Universal Florida is the ____ Car?
    Were there any other cars used to make BTTF?

Just wondering!

ED

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast