FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerd Thread...

Nerd Thread...

For nerdy rants, funny things noticed in movies or cult films, nerdy sc-fi or fantasy discussion that kind of thing.

I wasn't sure where else to post what I just noticed, so I figured I'd just make a new thread.

I decided that I'd start watching "Heros" because its on Hulu, and I just subscribed, anyway so I'm on Episode 9 "Better Halves" and in the scene where this guy is going through some of his sons old comic books there is a copy of the "Tales from Space" comic. It was barely shown, but you could tell what it was. Anyone else notice that? Maybe it's old news, but oh well.

Edit: Yup, old news. I just googled it and its mentioned in the BTTFwiki, along with an appearance in 3rd Rock from the Sun... my nerd powers are weak.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 01-15-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I decided that I'd start watching "Heros" because its on Hulu
    I have never heard of "Heros".

- Chris

what

My VIN:    4534

I remember seeing that when it aired but couldn't remember the reference. I forgot to google after the show. I've seen a lot of subtle references to BTTF in cartoons lately. I think it's because people who grew up with BTTF are in the industry now and are adding these little easter eggs for fun.

And yes, I watch cartoons. There are some really good ones out there with plots and dialog much better than 90% of the other shows. Plus the artwork is impressive. Take Motorcity for instance, if you like Ed Roth then you'd love the artwork in that show.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I have never heard of "Heros".

OMG! You went the FUTURE and got a picture of Chad!!!

#proofoftimetravel
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

OMG! You went the FUTURE and got a picture of Chad!!!

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    000774

Club(s):   (DMA)

Be Afraid..

Since this is the Nerd thread I cant see anywhere better to place this.

Being in the special effects business for ten years prop making has always been my life. From working in film production, to appealing to the kid in me I've always loved creating original pieces as well as perfect replications for fans or "nerds" alike.

What I have been planning long before I bought the Delorean was to build a full scale replica of.........

telepods.jpg

Now before you all smack your fore heads in sync., I've actually been gathering all I can for the schematics and there's more than enough just from the dvd bonus features alone which are choc full of tech stats. Even in LA my effects teacher Rob Burman who helped with the original films design and construction was gracious enough to fill me in on everything he could. While interning in his shop I had the childish joy of playing with some of "Brundles museum of natural history" pieces. This will be a full scale, working (sliding door/smoke/spinning lights etc.) replica.

I only plan to build one at first due to lack of space but so long as this one comes out right and more space prevails the second pod and computer will follow. Thank Giger that Meghan is equally as nerdy and into special effects as I am or I would surely be a lonely guy.

Sooo does this qualify as nerd territory?

My VIN:    05457

Episode 9 "Better Halves" and in the scene where this guy is going through some of his sons old comic books there is a copy of the "Tales from Space" comic. It was barely shown, but you could tell what it was. Anyone else notice that? Maybe it's old news, but oh well.

Edit: Yup, old news. I just googled it and its mentioned in the BTTFwiki, along with an appearance in 3rd Rock from the Sun... my nerd powers are weak.
    There is an episode of the 90s TV show "Seven Days" in which the main character is reading "Tales from Space". The TV show is about a government program that sends a man back in time 7 days to avert national crisises.

David Proehl

Banned

Nerds

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    There is an episode of the 90s TV show "Seven Days" in which the main character is reading "Tales from Space". The TV show is about a government program that sends a man back in time 7 days to avert national crisises.

That's awesome.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    I've seen a lot of subtle references to BTTF in cartoons lately. I think it's because people who grew up with BTTF are in the industry now and are adding these little easter eggs for fun.
    The fact that Seth McFarland (creator of Family Guy & American Dad) owns a Back To The Future replica is one major reason you see so many references to and appearances by DeLoreans in cartoons.

Jump to 2:11
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast