FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see some engine bay pics....

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Blue "rope" is actually LED lighting around the perimeter of the plexiglass to bathe the engine compartment with indirect light. Controlled by toggle switch mounted in one of the dummies in the armrest. Looks nice at night.
    I'd love to see some pics of the engine compartment at night with those lights. Where did you get the rope lighting from?
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I'd love to see some pics of the engine compartment at night with those lights. Where did you get the rope lighting from?
    www.dealextreme.com

I have found it very difficult to properly photograph blue LED lighting. Here are two pictures, one with the garage lights on so that I could align the tripod and get everything ready, the second with lights off, the camera on auto exposure and flash turned off. Even then I had to do some editing to brighten it up, which makes it look grainy. In person it is brighter but not gaudy. Everything would look nicer with shiny valve covers and other cleanup.

Edit: Looking at the dark picture kind of evokes memories from the movie Alien for some strange reason!
    Attached Images
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffu View Post
    BTW: My favorite part of the VOD...finding a brand new, no core needed, manufacture closeout, new re-maned water pump from RockAuto for $31 shipped!! I do all I can to support our vendors but that deal my friends, I could not pass up!!
    This is what I'll do when I need a water pump. Did you get the pulley from Hervey?
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    2964

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post

Pics from about a month ago, minor engine rebuild and cosmetic cleanup project that I did in my garage.
    Really LOVE your engine!! Especially the top section!! How was it polished???
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    Really LOVE your engine!! Especially the top section!! How was it polished???
    Thanks. I got lucky and found that intake polished, several years ago on ebay. I've since touched it up a bit with a hand held pneumatic polisher, but really all the work was done before. To do that to a stock intake, I would imagine would take a combination of table and hand held polishing, with a lot of time and patience. The compressor is a chrome Sanden unit and pulley.

By the way, I was going to document this later, but let me do so now. As part of the detailing of the engine bay, I had several parts re-plated. When I did my VOD several years ago, I had painted most of these parts. They were OK, painted, but a plated finish would be more durable, and would look ...well, not painted. So I gathered the parts, sent them to Dave at DMCMW, and for a very reasonable amount he had them redone.

They left like this...

...and came back like this.

All the DeLorean parts above, are on the engine bay pics that I've posted earlier.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

I did this when I did My VOD cleaning. The valves are wrinkle Lottus red
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Mine
    Where did you get that throttle cover? I want one!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Where did you get that throttle cover? I want one!
    I bough it on Ken's web site:
    http://www.robomerchant.net/delorean...category_id=72

My VIN:    3610

engine bay pics

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean3610 View Post
    2126---had K-jet distributor problems, so while everything was apart, I built an intake manifold, found & rebuilt a Ford Motorcraft carb, fabbed brackets to utilize the original throttle spool, added an inline low pressure fuel pump, and converted to carb. Runs good---driven about 1000 miles since---thought some might want to see pictures . Will be easy to return to K-Jet in the future.
    Attached Images

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast