FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: New Project

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by ccurzio View Post

That's some impressive creative thinking.
    The plate on my non-DeLorean daily driver is "Fluxing" which used to be the plate on a DeLorean that I knew of growing up. If that guy ever bought a DeLorean again and wanted his old plate back I'd be more than happy to transfer it over to him.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Test fit.

- Chris

what

Progress! It's been a while since I've managed to do anything new to the car, but I did get a few minor things done recently while I roll around in my head what to do with the rest of the car.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am considering starting the project over with a new car. The operative word there being "considering;" this particular machine can be saved and frankly I'm sure I'll keep plucking away at this car, but I hate being so overwhelmed with electrical AND modification work. There's so much shit this car needs to get working from an electrical standpoint (basic stuff like blinkers and the like), bad work thanks to the asshole who was supposed to paint it, missing parts thanks to the move, and damaged parts thanks to my old house, it's tempting to start over with a clean slate. But I've put so much work and money into this one that it would probably kill me to start all over.

THAT SAID... I finished up the upholstery yesterday. All of the seats now have new upholstery. In addition to the above test fit, I also did a little more bondo work on the dash and pretty soon it'll get its final sanding and then I will be attaching the mounts for the dash electronics, mounting everything up, and wiring it all together.

- Chris

what

Oh, I also got the dedicated fuse blocks working (one switched, one always hot), put the scanner on its own fuse, and invested in a 10" touch screen display for the dash too.
    - Chris

what

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26