FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Holy balls, I hope none of you ever have to replace the oil pan on a 3rd gen F body. What a shitty job.
    - Chris

what

Quote Originally Posted by DeMopar View Post
    Gotta dig them out of the box. Will get the pic posted asap.
    Did you ever find these guys?
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5482

Maybe instead of a KITT conversion, you should opt for the evil twin KARR. Wasn't it essentially the same but with two-tone grey and black or something like that? Go evil.

Karrimage.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    "Unlike KITT, whose primary directive is to protect human life, KARR was programmed for self-preservation, making him a ruthless and unpredictable threat. He does not appear as streetwise as KITT, being very naive and inexperienced and having a childlike perception of the world. This has occasionally allowed people to take advantage of his remarkable capabilities for their own gain; however, due to his ruthless nature he sometimes uses people's weaknesses and greed as a way to manipulate them for his own goals. Despite this, he does ultimately consider himself superior (always referring to KITT as "the inferior production line model") as well as unstoppable, and due to his programming the villains don't usually get very far. KARR demonstrates a complete lack of respect or loyalty, going so far as to on one occasion eject his passenger to reduce weight and increase its odds of escape."
    If you went this route, you'd certainly confuse the average fans who don't remember/know what KARR was.

Here's another larger pic: 82KARR095.jpg
    Last edited by OverlandMan; 01-29-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Jeff

The two-tone gray/black was added later. When KARR was first introduced the only difference between him and KITT was that the scanner and voice modulator were yellow. (And the pattern on the voice modulator was reversed on the outer columns.)

Oh, and replace William Daniels with Peter Cullen.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    6679

Interesting - I only remember KARR being pure black. Also remember KITT's interior voice light was solid but KARR's consisted of animated lines (KITT was changed soon after to have the animated lines).
    Chris

Club(s):   (GCD)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Did you ever find these guys?
    I did! However, I suck at posting pics-lol. Can you PM me your e-mail address and I will shoot you a good pic with my phone.

Thanks,

Brian

Club(s):   (GCD)

Quote Originally Posted by DeMopar View Post
    I did! However, I suck at posting pics-lol. Can you PM me your e-mail address and I will shoot you a good pic with my phone.

Thanks,

Brian

I sent them over a few minutes ago.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    Maybe instead of a KITT conversion, you should opt for the evil twin KARR. Wasn't it essentially the same but with two-tone grey and black or something like that? Go evil.

Karrimage.jpg

If you went this route, you'd certainly confuse the average fans who don't remember/know what KARR was.

Here's another larger pic: 82KARR095.jpg
    There's a guy in TX who has both, and says most people don't know who KARR is. They see the amber flashing light and just call it KITT. Always liked KARR's two tone better. There was a dispute on whether or not KARR was black and silver or a deep dark BLUE and silver a while ago on a builder's board. In the end, there really never was an answer because it depended on who u asked and which still u looked at.

Frankly though, i'm a KARR fan.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Just wanted to say, Brian is awesome. He's hooking me up with the first pieces of exterior conversion parts in the form of those trans-am tail lights.

My current project is focusing on converting the manual door locks and windows to power locks and windows. I'm buying actuators almost identical to those in Toby's kit. I've also started the process of transforming the interior from blue/gray to beige/tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Frankly though, i'm a KARR fan.
    Then you'd probably like this t-shirt I made a while back.

- Chris

what

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Just wanted to say, Brian is awesome. He's hooking me up with the first pieces of exterior conversion parts in the form of those trans-am tail lights.

My current project is focusing on converting the manual door locks and windows to power locks and windows. I'm buying actuators almost identical to those in Toby's kit. I've also started the process of transforming the interior from blue/gray to beige/tan.

Then you'd probably like this t-shirt I made a while back.

Niiiice!!!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast