FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: sunbeam headlights.

sunbeam headlights.

Hey I've seen several photos of Ds with the Sunbeam headlights. Are they something u can actually get or just Photoshop or something. I like the look and would like to add it to mine if its possible. Anyone know where I can find them

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Never heard of sunbeam headlights. Are you referring to a type or brand? Deloreans came from the factory with Sylvania headlights. Unless Sylvania had a product line called sunbeam.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16619

http://www.livesteam.com/sunbeam/Sunbeam_Headlight.html Perhaps this is referring to Fog lamps?

My VIN:    6313

Has anyone ever fitted these angel halo headlights listed on eBay? I'm interested in the extent of the installation challenges with respect to the headlight buckets...

Item: 77~95 DMC Delorean ANGEL HALO Low + High HEADLIGHTS +WIRE

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=251235490742
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Has anyone ever fitted these angel halo headlights listed on eBay? I'm interested in the extent of the installation challenges with respect to the headlight buckets...

Item: 77~95 DMC Delorean ANGEL HALO Low + High HEADLIGHTS +WIRE

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=251235490742
    I'm curios about these also, and the associated fitting of them to my car.
    I don't care as much about the Angel Eye effect as much as wanting the xenon Bright White headlight effect. (Like my old Acura had).

Anybody wanting to/have tried these out?

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    3997

Someone on the forum did install them once. I had heard they were cheap plastic and not of good quality.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    Someone on the forum did install them once. I had heard they were cheap plastic and not of good quality.
    Are there any angel eyes for DeLoreans here in the States that are good quality? I'm interested in doing this mod to add "cool" white daytime running lights. I know DMC Europe sells some, but those are "warm" white, and all the way over in Europe.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Are there any angel eyes for DeLoreans here in the States that are good quality? I'm interested in doing this mod to add "cool" white daytime running lights. I know DMC Europe sells some, but those are "warm" white, and all the way over in Europe.
    For better or Worse, I ordered a set of these...

I'll let you know what I end up with.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    05141

I have a set of those, and kept the original ones just in case. But they are only the inner ones I changed not all 4
    They are indeed all plastic, and very light. It worried me a bit when I had them in my hands, but once installed they do look very good.
    The angel eyes are very nice.

I doubt it thye will still look as good in 3 or 4 years. But here is a picture.
    Jan

Picture 016.jpg

Steering with power

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    For better or Worse, I ordered a set of these...

I'll let you know what I end up with.

George
    I'm curious to hear if these are an easy install, or if a relay must be used due to higher current draw. Keep us posted!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast