FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: sunbeam headlights.

My VIN:    891, 1045

Jan, can you take pics in daylight with them on and pics at night with them on and off so we can see a real life example of how they look? I'm interested in these as well. How long have you had them on your car and how many km's have you driven since the install?
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    I'm curious to hear if these are an easy install, or if a relay must be used due to higher current draw. Keep us posted!
    Will Do.
    I got mine in on Friday. I've been busy working on a clutch problem so, It'll be a few more days before I try any kind of installation.

They came Well packed and with the wiring extras but, No instructions for installation or mods that might be needed as far as relays.
    They are as has been mentioned, All plastic except for the lenses which are glass.
    The thing that I'm curious abut is, these are All 4 the same housings, with 4 of the same bulbs?
    Aren't Low beams and Hi beams different?
    I've attached a pic of of bulbs.

George
    Attached Images
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    Will Do.

The thing that I'm curious abut is, these are All 4 the same housings, with 4 of the same bulbs?

George
    In most cases high and low beam bulbs are different. These cheapies use the same single filament H4 bulb for low and high.

Unlike the originals, when you turn on the high beams the outer lamps will be dark.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    5180

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    In most cases high and low beam bulbs are different. These cheapies use the same single filament H4 bulb for low and high.

Unlike the originals, when you turn on the high beams the outer lamps will be dark.
    Normal H4 Bulbs have DUAL filaments for HI/LO assuming there are 3 spades present.

In order to make them work correctly on the Delorean, you have to swap the Ground (black wire) with the wire on the opposite side of the 3 wire Connector. This only needs to be done on the Outer HI/LO position bulbs. The inner (HI only) bulbs need to have the 2 wire connector installed so the wire positions so that they match wire color positions of the HI/LO bulbs. This leaves the center spade terminal (LO) disconnected. There is no wire for it so it doesn't matter. If this minor wire modification is not done you will get wonky power back feeding in the lights. they will be slow to react and cause dim glowing of the inner HI bulbs when switched to LO beam.

Not sure if the bulbs being talked about have the Angel eyes feature. That is a separate circuit to power the HALO effect. Similar to DRL's.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    Will Do.

They came Well packed and with the wiring extras but, No instructions for installation or mods that might be needed as far as relays.

George
    George,

Can you post a photo of the full kit and up close shots of the Housings (front view)
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I'm not sure whose car this is, except that it is in Europe

Welmoed's: (maybe same car as above)

from this thread

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?93...ighlight=angel

And, Dear Mod, please correct the spelling of the title of this thread as a) it will help future searches, and b) it bugs me.

(Surprised it got past Chris's sensors lol)
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    891, 1045

Interesting license plate. Not sure where it's from, but it must be some small principality or something because it's definitely not a standard European plate. Those light definitely look nice though.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Interesting. Not my cup of Tea though.
    DENNIS

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    George,

Can you post a photo of the full kit and up close shots of the Housings (front view)
    Dennis, this isn't a full kit pic but, it covers all the parts included.
    Sorry for the Bad pics. I took them with my cell phone on some cardboard I found in the garage...

Back of the housing. It's actually sliver. The two holes are for the Angel Eye bulbs.

Front Glass lens.

The wiring parts. The upper 2 bulbs are for the Angel Eyes. (One pair included with each housing).
    Below are 1 of each, (2 of each in the kit), of the adapter harness's to plug into the stock harness.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot a pic of the rubber gasket that seals off the big bulb hole in the back of the lens.

George
    Attached Images
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

George, are those angel eye bulbs incandescents or LED's? I'm curious which one comes in the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I'm not sure whose car this is, except that it is in Europe

I don't think that's Welmoed's car considering the color difference (Welmoed's are warm white), but hoochie mama I'd love a set of those headlights!

Not terribly keen on the foglights though -- maybe it's required in their country?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast