FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To REQUEST LIST

My VIN:    3937

How-To REQUEST LIST

I didn't see one of these threads yet on the forum, so I thought I'd start one with a request I have for a How-To.

Request: How-To adjust the alignment of the headlights

I am thinking there could be a simple, at-home, DIYer version which might involve parking at certain distance from your closed garage door or a wall, and while knowing the height of your headlights, and the height up the wall that your lights shine on to the wall with, some guidelines on where to adjust the light itself so that the beam shines at the right distance off down the road (not to mention what tools you need, which nuts and bolts to loosen or pivot, etc.)

I noticed the other day when I pulled up to my house that my drivers side light is aimed higher than the passenger, and for all I know it might not be aligned well right to left either, so I think it's time for an adjustment.

Thanks!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

how about a how-to on routing that damn battery strap !?

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

a google search revealed this page:

instructions on battery strap routing.

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Can we get a how-to on removing the kneepads, dash, indicator light/speedo cover, and the plastc covering the AC settings?

Basically, how do I take my entire console apart?
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    Can we get a how-to on removing the kneepads, dash, indicator light/speedo cover, and the plastc covering the AC settings?
    Are you wanting to know how to remove the binnacle, the dash, or both? I can help with the binnacle and A/C panel. I'm about to put new LED lights in my instrument gauge cluster, so I could take pictures as I go if you would like. Just let me know. As for the A/C cover, I'd be willing to do it soon to help.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Mirror Switch?

How about disassembling and rebuilding the power mirror switch?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Are you wanting to know how to remove the binnacle, the dash, or both? I can help with the binnacle and A/C panel. I'm about to put new LED lights in my instrument gauge cluster, so I could take pictures as I go if you would like. Just let me know. As for the A/C cover, I'd be willing to do it soon to help.
    Well, all of the above. Whatever information you can provide would be great
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

These are useful for that:

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    +1 request here. I noticed that the LED(installed by PO) light behind the red part of the temperature setting wasn't working. I was able to pull the panel off by pulling on the three knobs and then removing the small screw behind the center knob. I saw the bulb, it would work when I pushed on it, but I couldn't get it to stay on. When trying to remove it somehow I managed to push it through the hole and now it is stuck behind the panel; I can't get to it. So how do you remove the panel to get behind? It looks like the radio attaches to the same panel.....

Josh Q

Also, my alternator just died. A "How to replace alternator" would be fantastic.
    Renee

VIN 1632

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast