FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DCVA New Year Greetings!

My VIN:    2808 6921

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

DCVA New Year Greetings!

Hey everyone,
    Since no one has touched the old DCVA threads in a while I thought I'd resurrect them by wishing everyone a happy New Year. Yeah Yeah I know it's the 22nd, a bit past the New Year but cmon, we have to start somewhere. So if you're still in VA (or close) and still loving your D drop a post, tell everyone what you're doing and what you plan to do with your car this year. I guess I will go first:

I finally finished moving, well with the exception of the D's. Had to leave them behind at my old house temporarily (luckily I own that house and have stored them safely in the garage.) I plan on moving them both to the new house, that is once I get the front tire put back on 2808 (had a vendor holding me up on that part trying to get some parts). Once I them home I will try to figure out why my 10k engine stopped working a week after I got it home. I plan on trying to have some kind of meet at the old house (hopefully to get some help from more creative and seasoned DMC'ers to help me get my baby back on the road.) I am willing to pay in beer and pizza to any takers .

So, post away fellow DCVA'ers!

We need to coordinate with Josh, and sees about a tech session!
    1-800-273-8255

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Hello!

7041 has been stowed away for many months now. I still hope to get closer to Hampton Roads to participate regularly, but I have to do the job up here in DC for now.

What I have been up to: jaunts up and down the east coast with the gf, eating Pho, trying to get back in shape. I joined Planet Fitness and I like that they have so many locations. I've been to the one in Hampton. It's nice and new and super cheap.

Last week was restaurant week in VA Beach so I went to the Black Angus and had a good 3 course meal. $20 to $30 for a 3 course is pretty good: you shouldn't pass up restaurant week. I believe it's in Norfolk this week. My advice is to skip ordering drinks, that's where they make up their costs for these events.

Hope to get to a get together this summer when it warms up.

Take care, everyone.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Just let me know when you are thinking!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5780

Hello

Been working with Toby from DMCNW to try and troubleshoot the remote start on 5780. Will soon be doing some basic and routine maintenance on the car (spark plugs, oil check, etc). Also trying to get the driver's sunvisor installed.

Stay warm out there (15* right now)

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I'd consider the drive up for a tech session. Sometimes it's more fun to just attend one, rather than host one. I'll be watching in case a meeting time materializes.

Chuck, you mentioned that you've got two places and the DeLoreans you have are being stored at one? Maybe we could host the tech meet there?
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    2808 6921

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Yep, my cars are at the old house which is where I'd like to hold the Tech session. I've got a little two car garage, one bay being occupied with one Delo, the other empty. The down side is all of my tools are here at my new house so if we do meet up it would be good if everyone brought some tools with them. Once I get the cars over here an future sessions wold be held here. I was thinking last week of March, first week of April, hoping that the weather would be a little more stable, or if anyone else has any ideas toss them out and we can see what everyone can agree upon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mcfly4u View Post
    Yep, my cars are at the old house which is where I'd like to hold the Tech session. I've got a little two car garage, one bay being occupied with one Delo, the other empty. The down side is all of my tools are here at my new house so if we do meet up it would be good if everyone brought some tools with them. Once I get the cars over here an future sessions wold be held here. I was thinking last week of March, first week of April, hoping that the weather would be a little more stable, or if anyone else has any ideas toss them out and we can see what everyone can agree upon.
    I'm liking this plan!
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    10777

Hope everyone's year is going great so far. I'm still around but I found a house to buy and hopefully I'll be in there by May so that's kind of got me occupied for now. After that a DeLorean will be the next big purchase but I'm not 100% sure when exactly.

I'm always willing to meet up if it's relatively close by and I'm happy to lend a hand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast