FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a DMC 12 to restore - 18k or less?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

$18k is a healthy budget for a car in the condition that you are looking for(assuming that this doesn't include shipping, taxes etc). You should be able to find one for that on ebay without a problem.

Obviously your problem is finding someone who is willing to ship internationally. Many guys from the UK and Ireland buy cars like that and arrange their own shipping/importing. I would suggest asking about it on one of their forums for advice.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3305

All right, at the moment I'm keeping my eyes on ebay and other ad sites, hoping of some new entries... I think I'll follow your advice, mr. dangermouse, and I will ask someone from UK because I have not probed european forums yet (except the Italian one of course).

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Unfortunately, there's no Delorean for sale in France at your price range.

What a misfortune!

I'm waiting for some responses from the UK forum... finger crossed for me!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I think perhaps you mis-understood my suggestion.

I doubt that you will find one in the UK for sale within your budget, because they, like you plan, buy a car from the States, pay shipping and taxes and then work on it, so they have many $/pounds/euros invested in them

I was suggesting getting advise from the UK forums on how to contact US sellers that may not want to ship their car internationally. Almost all of their cars have been imported from the US (apart from a few from Ed in Holland and of course the ones that never left), so they know how to deal with the sellers etc.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Well yes I undestood what you were saying, but since it's a hard search I wanted to try the possibility of finding a good car for a good price even in Europe! I don't give it too much faith because of the things we said, but never say never! Moreover, I wanted to make them know what I'm looking for and to introduce myself a little bit just to fraternize with them! Now I'll see how the discussion goes on and if anyone has any tip for me!

I think the problem here is to find the right car, isn't it? It's to practically get in contact with the right seller.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I think perhaps you mis-understood my suggestion.

I doubt that you will find one in the UK for sale within your budget, because they, like you plan, buy a car from the States, pay shipping and taxes and then work on it, so they have many $/pounds/euros invested in them

I was suggesting getting advise from the UK forums on how to contact US sellers that may not want to ship their car internationally. Almost all of their cars have been imported from the US (apart from a few from Ed in Holland and of course the ones that never left), so they know how to deal with the sellers etc.
    I know that a couple of months ago in the UK VIN 2456 had been sold for £9900 (which is in the price range of JohnZ)
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    814

Club(s):   (DCH)

... also a rough runner (MOT'd I think) project for 13-14k GBP, also something like JohnZ's range.

The cars do exist at that price on the right side of the Atlantic for him, just not many!!

Good luck!

a

Quote Originally Posted by andyd View Post
    The cars do exist at that price on the right side of the Atlantic for him, just not many!!
    That's a sight for sore eyes to read! Still, I'm a bit more oriented toward the American market... I would say it's easier to find my car on the left side of the Atlantic!

I keep my eyes on ebay and other official / non official sellers' sites... if you find out something interesting for me... well I'm here!

My VIN:    16867

PM sent.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast