FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Turning but not firing, helo

My VIN:    01936

Turning but not firing, helo

Hey all, my mame is mike, the other day turned the key, just kept turning, but no firing, tried many times nothing, went back after about 2 hours and she started on the first turn,. Last night, same story, does anyone have any ideas?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The next time it doesn't start try to determine if the fuel pump is running at all. Look at the fuseblock at fuse #7. Is there any sign of heat damage? Check the inertia switch. Is it on the Lambda counter and does it have a splotch of white paint? I see you are in Nanuet, NY. I am about 15 minutes from you in NJ. There are several Delorean owners nearby. One is in Pearl River on Town Line Road under RT 303. One is in Nanuet. Another is in Congers. We had 2 for the parade in Tappan last year. The local club is the DMA.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Mike,

It could be several possibilities.

Fuel---- failing RPM relay. Can you here the Fuel pump prime briefly when turning the key to the run position?

Ignition --- Loose or corroded terminals on coil or ballast resistor.

Cold start injector--- not functioning properly during cranking, Assuming fuel delivery is GOOD.

Since your new here can you provide some history of he car? How often do you drive it? How long have you owned it? What is the recent maintenance history?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Check the connection (the transparent / yellowish one) from the resistor pack to the starter relay next to the pack.
    Sometimes this one gets disconnected and you won't see it is.

Check if you have a spark at the plug; if no spark, often that connector is the culprit.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    3937

I'd put my money on a connection on the ballast resistor as well. With the intermittent timing you've seen, that might exlpain it.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior