FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad Delorean Thread

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Sad Delorean Thread

In the interest of raising awareness and education about misused, unmaintained or crashed Deloreans, post pic and discussion here.

This is from a thread on the old site, " Delorean abandoned in Norcal Forest"

vin #5837 is somewhat abandoned in the Cazadero forest near Monte Rio,Ca

a dmc talk member ( forgot his name) heard about this car from a person at the Palo alto car show a few years back, no real back story given. My old boss grew up not 10 miles from the area the car was rumored to be so he took a drive up there and didnt find it, then a week later tried again and did find it. Then i came up there and took more photographs

the Facts:

Vin: 5837 or 31?
    Grey Cloth interior manual
    grooved non gas flap, power antennae
    has trailer hitch.
    last registered to a woman Nancy, who owns the property the car sits on
    reg expired 2001, last smogged in '98

through Numerous attempts by mail, we have NOT been able to contact the owner, NO other residence is known. NO known reason why it was parked. This property is a semi abandoned summer cabin, and the neighbors know nothing nor do they care to help. It appears the car was driven on the lot possibly under its own power, and parked un touched for over a decade while foliage built up. the tires all still hold air. 33k or so miles

The body looks to be in incredible shape, no dents could be found though the heavy weight on the roof may have dented the t panel or hood badly, the panel gaps look wonderful, no immediately visible frame rot. it would take a full day with a chainsaw, truck, trailer and shovels to remove this car from its tomb Then its still in the middle of nowhere.

The only real way to find the owner would be to camp out at the mail box near by and wait for whoever empties it every few days, but this may get you shot in that part of the woods.....

AGAIN I HAVE NO CONTACT INFO ON THIS CAR PLEASE DON'T ASK

owner's driveway (looks like a hoarder) :

This car popped on Craigslist Sacramento nearly a year ago, it sounded scammy and was poorly written without pic or a price. Myself and a few other dmctalk members went to see it at the tow/impound yard it was at.

The facts were these:

Vin 4218
    owner was the man who ran the tow yard, he was quite large, he could not fit in a Delorean anymore
    he claimed to be the original owner
    claims he painted it black in '84 to set it apart from all the thousands of Deloreans out there.
    claimed it ran but would not demonstrate this
    claimed it was perfect underneath and denied any front end damage
    denied and body or interior problems
    claimed all it needed was a tune up, some paint and a windshield
    everyone that looked at it told him to piss off
    he wanted $8k but would take $6k cash now
    he eventually sold it on ebay to some poor sap in the LA area for $5k after poorly repairing the front end so it could at least roll
    the car appears to have been driven into a tall curb at around 30mph, destroying the crumple tubes and suspension, and pushing the radiator through the trunk.

Super ultra custom modifications that warranted the absurd selling price:

ultra smooth black paint job with tons of bondo to keep the car nice and heavy
    bondoed over gas flap hood, because that would break the clean lines of the black paint
    custom tan cloth and grey vinyl upholstery
    666 miles on the trip odometer
    ultra rare wood engine cover prop rod
    after market coil for monster spark
    hand made made exhaust that travels through frame cross member with a glass pack that only muffles one side

Canon20DFan

Really?

Are either of those two Deloreans, the one in the forest especially, recoverable? I can't see the dealer car being anything other than a parts car, and a decade outside for the one in the forest would just about kill it, I would imagine...

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

What gets me about the forest car is in a box on the passenger seat.. "Car Cover"

yeah the forest car is totally salvageable from what i can see, the interior is all moldy though and the fuel system probably gone, maybe the engine or trans too. but then again you dont know until a deep look into it

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

Ultra rare wood engine cover prop! 10/10!
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

Trip odometer on the black one stopped at "666" ominous!

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by A Van View Post
    Ultra rare wood engine cover prop! 10/10!

I read it and then cracked up when I saw it!

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    What gets me about the forest car is in a box on the passenger seat.. "Car Cover"
    i was thinking the same thing. Some people are unbelievable!!!!!
    How do you put a trailer hitch on a D anyway and what can you possibly tow with it a skateboard?

And what the heck happened to the frame on the black one!!!! That whole thing is probably worth more in scrap, can't believe he got 5g's for that
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    what can you possibly tow with it a skateboard?
    No, a hoverboard.. Unless we rip off BTTF and someone hitches a ride on the back with said skateboard.. I know, bad D joke of the week.. Please don't kill me.. I can do that myself, thank you very much!.. But really, even if that cover were left on, it would be in better shape than lettin crap fall on it for years.. What year is that plate? Looks pretty old!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast