In the interest of raising awareness and education about misused, unmaintained or crashed Deloreans, post pic and discussion here.

This is from a thread on the old site, " Delorean abandoned in Norcal Forest"

vin #5837 is somewhat abandoned in the Cazadero forest near Monte Rio,Ca

a dmc talk member ( forgot his name) heard about this car from a person at the Palo alto car show a few years back, no real back story given. My old boss grew up not 10 miles from the area the car was rumored to be so he took a drive up there and didnt find it, then a week later tried again and did find it. Then i came up there and took more photographs

the Facts:

Vin: 5837 or 31?
Grey Cloth interior manual
grooved non gas flap, power antennae
has trailer hitch.
last registered to a woman Nancy, who owns the property the car sits on
reg expired 2001, last smogged in '98

through Numerous attempts by mail, we have NOT been able to contact the owner, NO other residence is known. NO known reason why it was parked. This property is a semi abandoned summer cabin, and the neighbors know nothing nor do they care to help. It appears the car was driven on the lot possibly under its own power, and parked un touched for over a decade while foliage built up. the tires all still hold air. 33k or so miles

The body looks to be in incredible shape, no dents could be found though the heavy weight on the roof may have dented the t panel or hood badly, the panel gaps look wonderful, no immediately visible frame rot. it would take a full day with a chainsaw, truck, trailer and shovels to remove this car from its tomb Then its still in the middle of nowhere.

The only real way to find the owner would be to camp out at the mail box near by and wait for whoever empties it every few days, but this may get you shot in that part of the woods.....

AGAIN I HAVE NO CONTACT INFO ON THIS CAR PLEASE DON'T ASK

owner's driveway (looks like a hoarder) :