FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad Delorean Thread

Here's a well known one:

My VIN:    6125

There are actually 4 different BTTF cars in that last post... two of which are real deloreans, one delorean body on a VW off road chassis, and one fiberglass and wood mockup used for the flying scenes.

Yea... still sad to seem them like that though.

This is now my second Delorean!, is not abandoned. Charcoal gray interior!

Attached Images

My VIN:    01955

They restored PT III though.

Where's the pic of the one stuck in the roof of Hard Rock Cafe in Hawaii? I think that was a replica?

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I wonder if I really could liberate the one from the first page if it is abandoned property.. How far from Vacaville, CA is it? Might have to tow it to Vacaville if I can legally just claim it and re-title it.. It would be quite a clean up and fix, but at least it would be saved from fading away. Maybe send it in for repairs while deployed and come home to a fixed and cleaned D? Just a thought..

If this vehicle is on private property, then is not abandoned. Now, if the property is abandoned and taxes due,then you might claim the property and anything on it. Check with the appraisal district.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    I wonder if I really could liberate the one from the first page if it is abandoned property.. How far from Vacaville, CA is it? Might have to tow it to Vacaville if I can legally just claim it and re-title it.. It would be quite a clean up and fix, but at least it would be saved from fading away. Maybe send it in for repairs while deployed and come home to a fixed and cleaned D? Just a thought..

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    This was the first Delorean I ever went to see with the intention of buying one. No idea it was in such a poor condition.[SNIP].... It s probably still there now.
    Would you know the VIN of this car?

My VIN:    05141

Just the pictures, I do not know anything about them.

John
    Attached Images

Steering with power

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    They restored PT III though.

Where's the pic of the one stuck in the roof of Hard Rock Cafe in Hawaii? I think that was a replica?
    Yeah one of the Part III offroad VW chassis cars was rebuilt. It's up for auction in December through Profiles in History. I think the reserve price is 600k.

The car that was hanging upside down in Hawaii was one of the hero cars from the first BTTF movie (the B Car). It is the sister car to the one currently sitting on the universal back lot, and was the car destroyed by the locomotive at the end of part III. The panels and doors were reassembled onto a mockup frame by Jay Ohrberg and sold for display. It has the original train wheels as well as the only known surviving 'hood box' that housed all the 1955 components to replace the blown time circuit control microchip.

HonoluluDeLorean1.jpgHonoluluDeLorean6.jpgHonoluluDeLorean8.jpgHonoluluDeLorean9.jpgHonoluluDeLorean5.jpgHonoluluDeLorean2.jpgHonoluluDeLorean4.jpgHonoluluDeLorean3.jpgHonoluluDeLorean7.jpg

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast