FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is DMC a good place to buy?

My VIN:    6600

I think no mater where you get a car from unexpected things can happen beyond any sellers Best intentions .
    Buying a 30 yr old car or any car second hand can be trouble or not . You can only reduce this with as much info as you can get about the car/ seller . With the cars age all seals sensors head gaskets are all old and could let go at any time .

My VIN:    891, 1045

Just how long is the warranty from DMC or the other vendors? Price is a big factor for me simply because of cutting out the middle man. We'll see soon enough if that backfires on me or not. Any car will have issues, but how well it was maintained is most important. If you don't have a car checked out thoroughly before buying it, you may be in for some surprises later.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    Just how long is the warranty from DMC or the other vendors? Price is a big factor for me simply because of cutting out the middle man. We'll see soon enough if that backfires on me or not. Any car will have issues, but how well it was maintained is most important. If you don't have a car checked out thoroughly before buying it, you may be in for some surprises later.
    I bought 6599 from DMC Florida back in September 2012. It's a Certified car with a 12 month/12,000 mile Power train warranty.

Even with a Certified car, I've found that things, can/do, happen/fail.

It IS a 31+ year old car...

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    891, 1045

Exactly...and almost all the parts are 31 years old...just out of the plastic or not. So how was it getting warranty service (if any)?
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2